Advertisement

Bleeding Cool Gets Scooped on New Mike Carey Boom Studios Book Story

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 pm

This story reaffirms our belief that The Beat is the best comics site on the web that doesn't start with "the" and end with "Outhouse."

Source: The Beat

Today, Rich Johnston posted one of his infamous "rumor-lite" articles, hinting at an upcoming announcement involving Boom! and a British writer. While Johnston planned to release the information later this week and then brag about it on his site about scooping it before anyone else, Steve Morris, alleged half brother of Outhouse founder Robert Morris, had other plans.

Seizing an opportunity to mock the self-aggrandizing rumor-monger, Morris pointed out that one of The Beat's own reporters, Laura Sneddon, had interviewed Mike Carey and broken the story last week.  Morris referred to Johnston's tease as obtuse, and then called Johnston a warthog-faced buffoon. Or maybe he only told us that second part in private. In any case, the crowd assembled around the two journalists went nuts at the burn.

"Someone better call an ambulance," said Eisner Award winning journalist Tom Spurgeon.  "'Cause Johnston needs to go to the burn unit."

"Snap, son!" added Newsarama editor in chief Lucas Siegal, wearing a Superior Spider-Man t-shirt, ball cap, and sneakers.  "Things just got real in the hiz-zouse."

While Johnston attempted to make a rebuttal to the ill burn, no one was able to hear him over the hooting and hollering from the crowd.  We can only presume that it was a pithy comment about how he knew about Before Watchmen before anyone else.

On a related note, Morris's article at the Beat already has two tweets and three Facebook likes, which is very promising for BOOM!, as it nearly triples the sales of their highest selling book.  Personally, we're looking forward to the new Carey book almost as much as we're looking forward to the next opportunity to compare Internet feuds to a flyting contest.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Re: Bleeding Cool Gets Scooped on New Mike Carey Boom Studio

Postby superfictious » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:27 pm

"But I knew I was a shitty journalist before any of you twats did, so...BOOM! Scooped, bitches!"

--Rich

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby misac » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:02 pm

:lol:

Do they say what the book is?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 543 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:43 pm

misac wrote::lol:

Do they say what the book is?

Nope. Make something good up and I'll report it though. :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 202 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:21 pm

My father's name is Steve Morris. He and this reporter for The Beat have never been seen in the same place at the same time.

Therefore, thanks to fictional familial connections, I am declaring that we scooped BC too.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 543 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:25 pm

Lord Simian wrote:My father's name is Steve Morris. He and this reporter for The Beat have never been seen in the same place at the same time.

Therefore, thanks to fictional familial connections, I am declaring that we scooped BC too.

BOOM!
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 627 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 pm

This doesn't bode well for Bleeding Cool.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand