Advertisement

Blue Beetle #12 (Bearded Human Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Blue Beetle #12 (Bearded Human Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:39 pm

It’s time for Blue Beetle Vs Blood Beetle round two! It’s a classic showdown between Red and Blue, between former friends, and it was a fight that ended in a way that actually surprised me. I wasn’t surprised that Jaime won and that Paco was cured, no no, I was surprised by how the fight was resolved by Jaime changing the way the bugsuit thinks, and how he is having the reverse effect on it. A scarab is supposed to take a host and make it evil, part of the reach, but Jaime is teaching the Scarab to be good, to be human. I’m sure it’s going to be slow progress, but it was interesting stuff, and I’m excited to see it play out. It may be a little on the nose and bible-bashy for the Scarab to learn it’s lessons from Jesus, but I guess Blue Beetle is one of comics’ most prominent Hispanic and catholic heroes, so it makes sense. The artwork from Ig Guara continues to be very strong, and I’m looking forward to Jaime’s New York excursion to come to an end so that the book can get back to being more like what we expect from a Jaime Reyes title. I wonder if we’ll see that Peacemaker dude show up? Maybe he’s been replaced by Jaime’s Grandma! She’s the sensational character find of 2012, she should be the new Red Tornado.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand