Advertisement

Blue Beetle #7 (Define "ball-park" Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Blue Beetle #7 (Define "ball-park" Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:26 am

Jaime hits the Big Apple for another solid issue of Blue Beetle which introduced some cool new threats to Jaime, and not just of the supervillain variety. Yes we got that weird monster that eats cats and Short-Timer and Stopwatch, but there was also the threat of media perception! Somebody caught Blue Beetle hitting Brenda on camera, and he’s now the poster-child for out of control superhumans in the media. I enjoyed seeing Jaime’s misadventures in New York, particularly the scene with the ATMs, and the bickering between him and the suit never really gets old. You could tell he was going to get blamed for the jewellery robbery, that’s as cliché as it gets, but I suppose it was on purpose, to really bring up that classic Spider-Man feel. I did like the reveal that using his powers had caused Short-Timer to age from a teenager to a pensioner, it added an element of tragedy to the character. Marcio Takara’s art was decent stuff, it kept up the tone that Ig Guara has established. I wonder how long Jaime will be in New York for? The little we saw of El Paso showed that there are a lot of loose ends.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand