Advertisement

Blue Beetle #2 (I'd rather crap broken glass Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Blue Beetle #2 (I'd rather crap broken glass Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:57 am

I’m enjoying this book, it’s certainly better than Jaime Reyes’ first origin in the middle of Infinite Crisis. It’s improved on some things but it’s still recognisably the same character, you’ve got the same conflict between Jaime and the crazy killer voice in his suit, the same supporting cast and the same feel. It’s kind of an ‘Ultimate Blue Beetle’ or something. I do wonder where that dude on the motorbike is in the reboot though, was he Peacemaker? I can’t remember. I think what stood out the most in this issue was Ig Guara’s art, it made a jump in quality from #1 and looked a lot more similar to Rafael Albuquerque’s art on the first volume, good stuff. I’m kind of burned out on teen superheroes, but this one is good, maybe I was reading too many of them before, now I’m only really reading this, Supergirl and Ultimate Spider-Man and they are different enough so as not to be repetitive.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Blue Beetle #2 (I'd rather crap broken glass Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:24 pm

I agree that Jaime's origin is simpler, and probably a little better, than it was before. There are things I like, and don't like, about Jaime and his supporting cast, both pre and post Flashpoint. I think it might take me awhile to get used to the changes, Paco being the biggest. I don't like the massive change done to him.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand