Advertisement

Blue Beetle #9 (Registering metabolic arousal Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Blue Beetle #9 (Registering metabolic arousal Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon May 21, 2012 8:42 am

Tony Bedard ties both of his DCU books together as Kyle Rayner, Bleez and Glomulous from Green Lantern: New Guardians pop over for a visit. Well, I say visit, it’s more like a traditional fight/realise they’re both heroes/team-up deal, but it was still good stuff, Kyle is one of my favourite characters so I really enjoyed seeing him show up here and teach Jaime a few hints about how to be a superhero, such as don’t reveal your identity. I also liked that the conflict between the Reach and the Green Lanterns is still here, and as I’ve said before, the subtle change where it’s the Scarab that freaks out rather than the power ring is a good one. It was interesting to see that the ‘Fridging’ is still a part of continuity post-reboot, I wonder if Bedard will get in trouble for that? Even though it was like 15 years ago, it’s still one of the most egregious examples of women being mistreated in comics, hell, it’s given it’s name to it. Marcio Takara’s art was good, he’s come from nowhere to really impress me. The subplots of this title kind of took a back-seat this issue, with both Jaime’s family and Brenda only getting a page, but though they’re moving in subtle increments, I like where they’re going, I reckon Jaime’s family will figure out he’s Blue Beetle on their own.

Advertisement

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Re: Blue Beetle #9 (Registering metabolic arousal Spoilers)

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon May 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Punchy wrote: It was interesting to see that the ‘Fridging’ is still a part of continuity post-reboot, I wonder if Bedard will get in trouble for that? Even though it was like 15 years ago, it’s still one of the most egregious examples of women being mistreated in comics, hell, it’s given it’s name to it.

You should email your pal Gail Simone about that scene ... :twisted:
after all, she coined that term!

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon May 21, 2012 1:43 pm

yes, the metabolic arousal bit was pretty funny :-D

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 pm

So, Nu Beetle is turned on by copious amounts of blood spewing out of a woman's mouth.
That would be an Erection Rejection in most hetero men, despite the straddling.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand