Advertisement

DC Bound and Determined to Kill Any and All Momentum for Superman/Wonder Woman Series

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 65 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Re: DC Bound and Determined to Kill Any and All Momentum for

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:51 am

I wish this was a book about Lois and Clark. But more of a Nick and Nora vibe, I'd be happy. No interest what so ever in Supes/WW. And really, Twillight? Equal amounts of ass shots?

You know what female geeks like? Dr. Who, Pacific Rim, Firefly, Buffy, etc.

If you are a writer and are shouting, "Look, look strong woman with powers and has sex with an equally strong man." you are missing the point. A good couple works as a team, two halves that solve the problems together but can also do it on their own. Like Big Barda and Mr. Miracle. Romance should evolve naturally not shoved down our throats.

The fact this book got made at all just goes to show how clueless TPTB at DC are. It's pandering to an audience that doesn't exist while still managing to alienate the audience they claim to want to buy the book.

Advertisement

concreatjungle
Naked, Greased-Up Deaf Guy

Liked in: 0 post

Postby concreatjungle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:57 am

Log-Man wrote:That can't be right. The Twilight audience isn't 45 years old.

:lol:

well said, sir.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 pm

I feel bad for Charles Soule.

SporkBot
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 158 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:A good couple works as a team, two halves that solve the problems together but can also do it on their own. Like Big Barda and Mr. Miracle. Romance should evolve naturally not shoved down our throats.

Exactly. This is why I'm opposed to a lot the sex/iness found in comics, TV shows, etc., because it doesn't feel natural and is more often than not, cheaply constructed. Case in point, pairing Clark and Diana. Why are they together? Because they're both lonely, and loneliness made them sad. Then there's Harper and Starfire, and I'm going to stop myself before I rant...

The fact this book got made at all just goes to show how clueless TPTB at DC are. It's pandering to an audience that doesn't exist while still managing to alienate the audience they claim to want to buy the book.

Well, I wouldn't say "doesn't exist". There are a lot of people who think Superman and Wonder Woman should hook up. However, it's more about their color schemes and iconic statuses rather than based on personality.

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 65 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 pm

SporkBot wrote:Well, I wouldn't say "doesn't exist". There are a lot of people who think Superman and Wonder Woman should hook up. However, it's more about their color schemes and iconic statuses rather than based on personality.

Sorry, I was referring to the female fans DC think this will attract. "I love romance novels and movies, so I'll love this book" said no one.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 48 posts

Postby misac » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Punchy wrote:I feel bad for Charles Soule.

:-D Yeah, they should get the writer to promote the book instead of these dummies.

TimH
Post Whore

Liked in: 134 posts

Postby TimH » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Kalisto wrote:I miss the times when Wonder Woman and Batman were a thing. *sigh*

Isn't that episode of JLU when Circe transforms Wonder Woman into a pig the best DC story ever? My favorite is when Diana lightly flirts with Bruce, Bruce tells her off, and Diana speaks her mind by snapping that stone gargoyle's head to dust. Then later in the episode, Zatanna and Circe gloat while Bruce sings the blues on stage.

It doesn't get better than that.

TimH
Post Whore

Postby TimH » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:Like Big Barda and Mr. Miracle. Romance should evolve naturally not shoved down our throats.

And Diana likes Bruce because he's a mystery to her. On the other hand, considering that Clark lets Lois dominate him, maybe he would be attracted to Diana.

Ah, if the series would explore dynamics like that, it might actually be interesting. Diana is an Amazon. She doesn't have marriage and kids on her mind. Clark is a small town, mid-west American farm boy. His idea of a first date is to go shopping together for the wedding gown.
:D

TimH
Post Whore

Postby TimH » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm

"Twilight" as in Twilight Zone?

That is kinda weird.

I don't remember that show being very cuddly. :smt017

Becks
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Becks » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Speaking as a female comics fan, I feel it is my duty to inform DC that what attracts female readers to comics is GOOD FUCKING WRITING, GOOD FUCKING ART, and occasionally a female character who is not the token LOOK! WE DID A GIRL! character.

Not some silly-ass romance book. There already are books like that. It's called the "romance" section, and also every other romantic comics relationship ever falls into there. Also, there's plenty of Superman/Wonder Woman fanfic with all the erotic scenes that the PG-13 comics can't show, so the niche is filled. How about focusing on female characters doing interesting and entertaining things next time?

Anthony Pilone
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 101 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: DC Bound and Determined to Kill Any and All Momentum for Superman/Wonder Woman Series

Postby Anthony Pilone » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:40 pm

this is so stupid and retarded. Once again, dick move, DC. DICK MOVE!

seriously, in general, DC's new 52 has mainly ruined most of the things we love the most and bastardized many things in the past, in which I do NOT appreciate, and has provided a lot of poor ideas and quite a few did not make any sense. And to those who feel the same way as many others do and have grown tired and become disgusted for what DC and dan didio had done to our long time favorite heroes and miss the real DC universe and will to fight for it's return, which IS possible, please come join us here in our ANTI-New 52 BOYCOTT, you'll be more than welcome and you'll be among friends here. PLEASE, spread this around, tell others about this, and have them join - those who feel the same way of what's going on the DC comics. We need all the help and support we can get!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/180614538660662/

TimH
Post Whore

Re: RE: DC Bound and Determined to Kill Any and All Momentum

Postby TimH » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 pm

FBtron wrote:We need all the help and support we can get!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/180614538660662/

It seems less stressful just to drop the DC titles we don't like and never mention them again...

Dropping Teen Titans cured my "Wonder Girl is Now a Cambodian Whatsit" blues pretty fast.

Every once in a while I check out a Teen Titans review. "Nope, still crap. See you again in six months, Cassie." And a bunker filled with George Perez runs doesn't hurt either.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 64 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Maybe there should be a new counter showing how many hours fantrolls can go without idiotic kneejerk reactions to anything DC does. :smt102

Anthony Pilone
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 101 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: DC Bound and Determined to Kill Any and All Momentum for Superman/Wonder Woman Series

Postby Anthony Pilone » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Personally, I do not go for dysfunction relationships and sparkly, pussified vampires! I go for the powerful and independent women! I also go for the characters I know and love! How dare he say that about women! Didio get out! He clearly doesn't know a thing about female readers nor does he understand female characters! What the hell is wrong with him?

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Lord Ice wrote:Maybe there should be a new counter showing how many hours fantrolls can go without idiotic kneejerk reactions to anything DC does. :smt102

:lol:
Fan-Boy Drama-Meter ! And we could color code it like the Terrorist Threats.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand