Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


DC Bound and Determined to Kill Any and All Momentum for Superman/Wonder Woman Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:56 pm

syxxpakk wrote:LOL there was no sarcasm in your statement. You were asking if I would dislike Didio leaving, with some colorful wording. I responded in kind. Don't be ridiculous, it doesn't suit you.


I never get bored with your replies, Syxx. They're so amusing so keep it up. :-D :-D :-D
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:22 pm

draco x wrote:
I never get bored with your replies, Syxx. They're so amusing so keep it up. :-D :-D :-D


:lol:
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49 pm

draco x wrote:
And once again Syxx missed the sarcasm in my statement.


I could sell him a sarcasm detector.
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Arion wrote:
I could sell him a sarcasm detector.


The question is will he use it? :-D :-D :-D
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Arion wrote:
I could sell him a sarcasm detector.


You'd probably do better to teach draco what sarcasm is ;)
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm

syxxpakk wrote:


You'd probably do better to teach draco what sarcasm is because I sure as hell don't know myself.

Fixed.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:19 pm

draco x wrote:
You'd probably do better to teach draco what sarcasm is because I sure as hell don't know myself.

Fixed.


You must have missed the sarcasm in my statement.
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
You must have missed the sarcasm in my statement.


Excellent, now you're learning..........
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar

Benjamin Featherston

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Benjamin Featherston » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:52 am

This isn't the disaster it's being made out to be. By appealing to the Twilight demographic, all they mean is that they're trying to grab an audience which is A) younger B) interested in supernatural romance C) willing to read an ongoing series. There are no plans to make Clark sparkle, or turn Diana's romantic interests toward necrophilia and pseudo-bestiality.

I was actually at this panel. What was disappointing was that when they asked Liz, "Well, what do you as a female reader want to see?" the best she could do was mumble a list of books she liked and the ones she didn't ("I didn't like the direction Catwoman went, Wonder Woman was okay..."). She presents it very differently in her blog, but they room was filled to the rafters with second-hand embarrassment.

This is only one book, and DC has quite a few well-written books which appeal to the female demographic. Readers can always count on Batwo-- oops. Never mind.
User avatar

D'Michelle Ferrier

FACEBOOKTron

Postby D'Michelle Ferrier » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Are you kidding DC? Do you even know who your female readership is? You guys are like Republicans, completely out of touch with your constituents. Give us a strong female heroine, not a stupid romance novel!
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:20 pm

HNutz wrote:
But "Getting beat up because he liked to dance, so he learned to fight" doesn't exactly have the same ooomph as "family killed in front of him".


See, this is an example of what some of us have been saying about character handling. All characters don't have to be made into clones of Batman -- in this case, given a Batman-like "My parents are DEAAAAAAAD!!" origin -- in order to be interesting.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:52 pm

The question is... are you excited about DC's plans?
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Arion wrote:The question is... are you excited about DC's plans?


A better question would be is how likely will DC fuck up their said plans?
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 am

HNutz wrote:
But "Getting beat up because he liked to dance, so he learned to fight" doesn't exactly have the same ooomph as "family killed in front of him".


Herald wrote:See, this is an example of what some of us have been saying about character handling. All characters don't have to be made into clones of Batman -- in this case, given a Batman-like "My parents are DEAAAAAAAD!!" origin -- in order to be interesting.


No, not asking for a Batman clone, just something different than "I wanted to DAAAAAAAAAAAANCE!" OR, if they were to stick with that story, then to develop it further somehow.

(I feel like that origin needs some sort of shoutout to jazz hands or spirit fingers or something)

FBtron wrote:This isn't the disaster it's being made out to be. By appealing to the Twilight demographic, all they mean is that they're trying to grab an audience which is A) younger B) interested in supernatural romance C) willing to read an ongoing series. There are no plans to make Clark sparkle, or turn Diana's romantic interests toward necrophilia and pseudo-bestiality.

I was actually at this panel. What was disappointing was that when they asked Liz, "Well, what do you as a female reader want to see?" the best she could do was mumble a list of books she liked and the ones she didn't ("I didn't like the direction Catwoman went, Wonder Woman was okay..."). She presents it very differently in her blog, but they room was filled to the rafters with second-hand embarrassment.

This is only one book, and DC has quite a few well-written books which appeal to the female demographic. Readers can always count on Batwo-- oops. Never mind.


Aw, man... that's rough. I feel embarassed just reading that.

It's hard to point fingers at DC for doing something you don't like and then being unable to tell them what you DO like. (Maybe she felt pressured, I dunno)

I know it was unexpected and everything but still... not being able to say what you'd like to see doesn't help your argument any. It just makes you look like someone complaining, sight unseen, about a concept.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, StrongStyleFiction and 138 guests