Advertisement

Box-O-Comics

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17591
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:Still waiting to get sent my copy of Leaving Megalopolis. Getting very concerned it hasn't arrived yet when they've said most of the books have been sent out.


Sometimes it takes a while. I remember I pledged for a Michael Zulli Kickstarter project and the whole thing took 12 or 13 months to be completed. But when I received the book I loved it. Totally worth the wait.

Advertisement

Midas
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1169
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Midas » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:Still waiting to get sent my copy of Leaving Megalopolis. Getting very concerned it hasn't arrived yet when they've said most of the books have been sent out.


I got mine the other week. Hopefully you get yours soon... It's a good, quick read. I couldn't put it down once I started.

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17591
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Since like next month my DCBS order will be very small. I'm running out of money so I've had to cancel a lot of titles.

Although I won't feel bad for cancelling Dredd Classics after IDW's mess.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2563
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:47 am


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Evan Meadow » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:43 am

Midas wrote:
I got mine the other week. Hopefully you get yours soon... It's a good, quick read. I couldn't put it down once I started.


I saw it outside the front door last night since I never heard any knocking today. Very relieved it's here. Flipped through it, made sure the postcard and bookmark were there. LOL too many names and small print for me to look for my name in the thank you's right now. Off into the pile when the box gets here on Thursday.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2563
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:47 am


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Evan Meadow » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:45 am

Arion wrote:
Sometimes it takes a while. I remember I pledged for a Michael Zulli Kickstarter project and the whole thing took 12 or 13 months to be completed. But when I received the book I loved it. Totally worth the wait.


Well there's the time it takes to actually be completed, and the time from when you're told they're mailed out. I think most of the stuff I supported actually got to me within the first week.

But when you see so many posts of supporters in foreign countries getting theirs and you're still waiting for yours? LOL that's when the paranoia sets in.

I was having GOSD and KingPagla flashbacks.

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17591
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:
Well there's the time it takes to actually be completed, and the time from when you're told they're mailed out. I think most of the stuff I supported actually got to me within the first week.

But when you see so many posts of supporters in foreign countries getting theirs and you're still waiting for yours? LOL that's when the paranoia sets in.

I was having GOSD and KingPagla flashbacks.


I remember that when I already had received my book, some people were still complaining they hadn't... and they were in the US, not in Perú like I was.

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 24778
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby GOSD » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:
Well there's the time it takes to actually be completed, and the time from when you're told they're mailed out. I think most of the stuff I supported actually got to me within the first week.

But when you see so many posts of supporters in foreign countries getting theirs and you're still waiting for yours? LOL that's when the paranoia sets in.

I was having GOSD and KingPagla flashbacks.


Oh, those were the dark days. :smt011 :smt009

So happy that I received my BOC last night. Needed to read lots and lots of comics.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2563
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:47 am


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Evan Meadow » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 am

GOSD wrote:
Oh, those were the dark days. :smt011 :smt009

So happy that I received my BOC last night. Needed to read lots and lots of comics.


How much ya list bro?

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42214
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby nietoperz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Box just arrived today, though I'm way too busy to read anything for the next few days:

Avengers #23
Infinity #6
New Avengers #12
Daredevil #33
Fantastic Four #14
Fantomex Max #2
Fearless Defenders #11
FF #14
Hawkeye #14
Indestructible Hulk #15 & #16
Marvel Knights Spider-Man #2
All-New X-Men #18 & #19
Amazing X-Men #1
Uncanny X-Men #14
Wolverine and the X-Men #38
Wolverine and the X-Men Annual #1
X-Men #7
Young Avengers #12
Batman #25
Batman: Li'l Gotham #8
Superman Unchained #4
Image

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17591
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

nietoperz wrote:Box just arrived today, though I'm way too busy to read anything for the next few days:

Avengers #23
Infinity #6
New Avengers #12
Daredevil #33
Fantastic Four #14
Fantomex Max #2
Fearless Defenders #11
FF #14
Hawkeye #14
Indestructible Hulk #15 & #16
Marvel Knights Spider-Man #2
All-New X-Men #18 & #19
Amazing X-Men #1
Uncanny X-Men #14
Wolverine and the X-Men #38
Wolverine and the X-Men Annual #1
X-Men #7
Young Avengers #12
Batman #25
Batman: Li'l Gotham #8
Superman Unchained #4


Lots of Marvel titles.
Say, what do you usually do with your Marvel digital codes?

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42214
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby nietoperz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Not much, to be honest.
Image

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17591
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:29 pm

nietoperz wrote:Not much, to be honest.


You should give them away as Christmas gifts to your favorite posters of the board.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2563
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:47 am


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Evan Meadow » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Ok, box listing time! Finally opened it up this morning:

Catalyst Comix
Grindhouse: Doors Open at Midnight
Occultist
The Star Wars
Victories
Action Comics
Batman: Black & White
Batman/Superman
Batwing
Detective Comics
Earth 2
Forever Evil
Green Arrow
Hinterkind
Movement
Stormwatch
Superman Unchained
Swamp Thing
Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger
Ghostbusters
GI Joe: Cobra Files
Transformers: Dark Cybertron
Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters
68: Hallowed Ground
Alex & Ada
Cyber Force
Drumhellar
East of West
Fatale
Ghosted
Morning Glories
Protectors Inc
Reality Check
Spawn
Ten Grand
Cataclysm: Ultimates' Last Stand
Painkiller Jane
Absolution: Rubicon
Army of Darkness vs Hack/Slash
Charismagic
Executive Assistant: Assassins
Green Hornet
Hit
Legends of Red Sonja
Lone Ranger
Lords of Mars
Quantum & Woody
Robocop: Last Stand
Rogues
Shadow Now
Shadowman
Suicide Risk
Trish Out of Water
Uber
Bandette: Presto HC
Clown Fatale
Resident Alien: Suicide Blonde
Shaolin Cowboy
Star Wars
X
Astro City
Batgirl
Batman
Batman: Arkham Unhinged
Batman: Lil Gotham
Coffin Hill
Constantine
Forever Evil: Arkham War
Green Lantern Corps
Injustice: Gods Among Us Annual
Justice League of America
JLA: Vibe
Katana
Nightwing
Silver Age Teen Titans Archives Vol 2 HC
Smallville Season 11
Suicide Squad
Superboy
Superman/Wonder Woman
Worlds' Finest
GI Joe
GI Joe: Real American Hero
Other Dead
Rocketeer/Spirit: Pulp Friction
Star Trek: Khan
Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters
Triple Helix
Bounce
Manifest Destiny
Rocket Girl
Three
Umbral
Walking Dead
Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man
3 Guns
Archer & Armstrong
Codename: Action
Deathmatch
Harbinger
Miss Fury
Mocking Dead
Noir
Protocol: Orphans
Red Team
Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights
Soulfire
Unity
Watson & Holmes
Brain Boy
Buzzkill
Dark Horse Presents
Kiss Me Satan
So I Survived the Zombie Apocalypse & All I Got Was This Podcast GN
Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Force War
Strain: The Fall
Animal Man
Batman '66
Batman & Two Face
Batman Beyond Universe
Batwoman
Birds of Prey
Fables
Fairest In All the Land HC
Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion
Harley Quinn
He-Man & Masters of the Universe
Red Hood & the Outlaws
Scooby-Doo Team Up
Supergirl
Trinity of Sin: Pandora
Wake
Wonder Woman
Samurai Jack
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye
Clone
Sex Criminals
Sheltered
Todd, Ugliest Kid On Earth
Zero
Cataclysm: Ultimates
Afterlife With Archie
Bloodshot & Hard Corps
Cute Girl Network GN
Dejah Thoris & the Green Men of Mars
Eternal Warrior
Fraggle Rock Classics Vol 2 TP
Grimm
Imagine Agents
Jennifer Blood
Mysterious Strangers
Rachel Rising
Red Sonja
Shadow
Warlord of Mars
Wasteland
Westwood Witches
X-O Manowar
Previews
Captain Midnight
Grendel Omnibus Vol 4 TP
Massive
Never Ending
Nexus Omnibus Vol 4 TP
Polar: Came From the Cold HC
Savage Sword
Star Wars: Legacy
Adventures of Superman
All-Star Western
Aquaman
Batman: Dark Knight
Beware the Batman
Catwoman
Damian: Son of Batman
Flash
Forever Evil: ARGUS
Green Team: Teen Trillionaires
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Joker: Clown Prince of Crime TP
Justice League Dark
Superman
Talon
Teen Titans
Tom Strong & The Planet of Peril
Danger Girl: The Chase
Ghostbusters
GI Joe: Special Missions
Godzilla: Rulers of Earth
Half Past Danger
Star Trek
Thunder Agents
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers: Regenration One
Transformers: Robots in Disguise
X-Files: Season 10
Aphrodite IX
Artifacts
Bad Dog
Bedlam
Black Science
Five Ghosts
Hoax Hunters
Morning Glories
Pretty Deadly
Rat Queens
Revival
Saga
Sidekick
Thief of Thieves
Walking Dead
Cataclysm: Ultimate X-Men
Kick-Ass 3
Powers: Bureau
Shadow Walk HC
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Cryptozoic Man
Damsels
Fanboys vs Zombies
Fathom
Leaving Megalopolis HC
Letter 44
Peanuts
Shadow
Warlord of Mars
Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris
Bleeding Cool Magazine

Also picked up via Ebay complete runs of Ostrander/Mandrake Spectre and the Andy Helfer/Kyle Baker The Shadow.

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17591
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:Ok, box listing time! Finally opened it up this morning:

Catalyst Comix
Grindhouse: Doors Open at Midnight
Occultist
The Star Wars
Victories
Action Comics
Batman: Black & White
Batman/Superman
Batwing
Detective Comics
Earth 2
Forever Evil
Green Arrow
Hinterkind
Movement
Stormwatch
Superman Unchained
Swamp Thing
Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger
Ghostbusters
GI Joe: Cobra Files
Transformers: Dark Cybertron
Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters
68: Hallowed Ground
Alex & Ada
Cyber Force
Drumhellar
East of West
Fatale
Ghosted
Morning Glories
Protectors Inc
Reality Check
Spawn
Ten Grand
Cataclysm: Ultimates' Last Stand
Painkiller Jane
Absolution: Rubicon
Army of Darkness vs Hack/Slash
Charismagic
Executive Assistant: Assassins
Green Hornet
Hit
Legends of Red Sonja
Lone Ranger
Lords of Mars
Quantum & Woody
Robocop: Last Stand
Rogues
Shadow Now
Shadowman
Suicide Risk
Trish Out of Water
Uber
Bandette: Presto HC
Clown Fatale
Resident Alien: Suicide Blonde
Shaolin Cowboy
Star Wars
X
Astro City
Batgirl
Batman
Batman: Arkham Unhinged
Batman: Lil Gotham
Coffin Hill
Constantine
Forever Evil: Arkham War
Green Lantern Corps
Injustice: Gods Among Us Annual
Justice League of America
JLA: Vibe
Katana
Nightwing
Silver Age Teen Titans Archives Vol 2 HC
Smallville Season 11
Suicide Squad
Superboy
Superman/Wonder Woman
Worlds' Finest
GI Joe
GI Joe: Real American Hero
Other Dead
Rocketeer/Spirit: Pulp Friction
Star Trek: Khan
Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters
Triple Helix
Bounce
Manifest Destiny
Rocket Girl
Three
Umbral
Walking Dead
Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man
3 Guns
Archer & Armstrong
Codename: Action
Deathmatch
Harbinger
Miss Fury
Mocking Dead
Noir
Protocol: Orphans
Red Team
Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights
Soulfire
Unity
Watson & Holmes
Brain Boy
Buzzkill
Dark Horse Presents
Kiss Me Satan
So I Survived the Zombie Apocalypse & All I Got Was This Podcast GN
Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Force War
Strain: The Fall
Animal Man
Batman '66
Batman & Two Face
Batman Beyond Universe
Batwoman
Birds of Prey
Fables
Fairest In All the Land HC
Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion
Harley Quinn
He-Man & Masters of the Universe
Red Hood & the Outlaws
Scooby-Doo Team Up
Supergirl
Trinity of Sin: Pandora
Wake
Wonder Woman
Samurai Jack
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye
Clone
Sex Criminals
Sheltered
Todd, Ugliest Kid On Earth
Zero
Cataclysm: Ultimates
Afterlife With Archie
Bloodshot & Hard Corps
Cute Girl Network GN
Dejah Thoris & the Green Men of Mars
Eternal Warrior
Fraggle Rock Classics Vol 2 TP
Grimm
Imagine Agents
Jennifer Blood
Mysterious Strangers
Rachel Rising
Red Sonja
Shadow
Warlord of Mars
Wasteland
Westwood Witches
X-O Manowar
Previews
Captain Midnight
Grendel Omnibus Vol 4 TP
Massive
Never Ending
Nexus Omnibus Vol 4 TP
Polar: Came From the Cold HC
Savage Sword
Star Wars: Legacy
Adventures of Superman
All-Star Western
Aquaman
Batman: Dark Knight
Beware the Batman
Catwoman
Damian: Son of Batman
Flash
Forever Evil: ARGUS
Green Team: Teen Trillionaires
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Joker: Clown Prince of Crime TP
Justice League Dark
Superman
Talon
Teen Titans
Tom Strong & The Planet of Peril
Danger Girl: The Chase
Ghostbusters
GI Joe: Special Missions
Godzilla: Rulers of Earth
Half Past Danger
Star Trek
Thunder Agents
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers: Regenration One
Transformers: Robots in Disguise
X-Files: Season 10
Aphrodite IX
Artifacts
Bad Dog
Bedlam
Black Science
Five Ghosts
Hoax Hunters
Morning Glories
Pretty Deadly
Rat Queens
Revival
Saga
Sidekick
Thief of Thieves
Walking Dead
Cataclysm: Ultimate X-Men
Kick-Ass 3
Powers: Bureau
Shadow Walk HC
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Cryptozoic Man
Damsels
Fanboys vs Zombies
Fathom
Leaving Megalopolis HC
Letter 44
Peanuts
Shadow
Warlord of Mars
Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris
Bleeding Cool Magazine

Also picked up via Ebay complete runs of Ostrander/Mandrake Spectre and the Andy Helfer/Kyle Baker The Shadow.


Lots of good stuff there, but is it possible you are not getting any Marvel titles?

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2563
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:47 am


Re: Box-O-Comics

Postby Evan Meadow » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Arion wrote:
Lots of good stuff there, but is it possible you are not getting any Marvel titles?


LOL very possible. Though there are some Marvel books in there (Ultimates, ICON) I really don't read that much Marvel. I'm honestly one of those guys who's been made since One More Day and for the most part, Marvel hasn't done anything to thrill me.

I will be getting the new She-Hulk comic though. But asides from any Ultimate books still going after Cataclysm and what comes from ICON, it'll just be Miracleman, the George Romero Zombie book, and depending what they put out via Disney/ABC TV.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 66 guests

Advertisement