Advertisement

Boys #63 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 283 posts
Title: Self Important

Boys #63 (spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:52 am

Yeah this book is rocketing to the conclusion. Spoilers in the next post.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: Boys #63 (spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:58 am

We have major deaths as Queen Maeve attacks Homelander first by throwing her "house boy" at him then she attacks him with her sword that breaks over his head to which he responds, "It's a metal prop you stupid whore." Next panel is her head flying to the ground.

Frenchie gets his arm blown off, and the female drives through some armored character and tears out his entire abdomen but really the moment we've been waiting for since issue one happens when Hughie punts A-TRAINS head clear off. I don't know how many issues are left but the book is pretty awesome.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Holy flurking schnitt! We’re in the end-game now for sure people. This issue of The Boys was one of the most eventful yet, and damn near blew my head off. People always talk about the big benefit of creator-owned comics is that creators can do what they want and kill people and this issue proved that, so much stuff you would never get in a mainstream comic happened here, and I’m not talking about the language or the gore. We start with Homelander’s plan coming to fruition as he attacks the White House, then we have the Frenchman having one of his arms ripped off! Then, in a brilliant scene, Hughie straight up Rugby-kicks A-Train’s head off! That’s been coming since #1 and it was wonderfully cathartic to see it finally happen. And then… Queen Maeve confronts Homelander, who rips her head off! Oh yes! And then (I know I sound like a little kid reciting a story here, but this is what this issue reduced me to, a gibbering child) Butcher tells MM to release all of the dirt on the superheroes they have to the media. It’s on, it’s fucking on! How many issues are left? I don’t know and I don’t care, I just hope they are as packed with brilliant stuff as this one was. If you’ve lost faith in comics ever being able to reach a satisfying conclusion, Garth Ennis has the cure for you right here.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 pm

you didn't even read my post did you?

- Les Paul

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 am

I was actually happy to see Hughie kill A-Train. The cunt had it coming. Maeve's death did surprise me a bit though. Thought it was interesting she threw Annie to safety before confronting The Homelander. Can't wait to see how the series ends.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 101 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:04 am

guitarsmashley wrote:you didn't even read my post did you?

He only cares about the discussion if he starts it remember? :wink:

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:37 am

There's at most 9 issues left.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:12 am

guitarsmashley wrote:you didn't even read my post did you?

I did, but my post has to also make sense if read on it's own on the front page. It's no slight against you.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:13 am

doombug wrote:He only cares about the discussion if he starts it remember? :wink:

Don't start.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:48 am

Punchy wrote:
Don't start.

Pot leave kettle alone, kettle stop teasing pot.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 am

avengingtitan wrote:Pot leave kettle alone, kettle stop teasing pot.

I didn't do anything! I did leave alone!

FFS.

DonDaddyD
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby DonDaddyD » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:12 am

Posting exactly the same info as the post directly above seems a little pointless, dickish even... or at least you haven't added to the thread constructively except to express the fact that you also liked the issue.

AnyWAY,

This issue was AMAZING! I loved every moment of it. That said the moment for me wasn't Hughie toe-punting A-train it was the point of finality that is Maeve's character development. She died a true hero, saving Annie by throwing her. In a comic riddled with sex, drugs, sex, violence and sex I thought it was quite something that she would be the character to represent true selfless heroics. This I felt made more meaningful given that she appeared the most distant, drunk and when she first met Annie, after she had been forced to give oral sex to 4 guys, was not to care.

Could her death been made better if Homelander had stuffed her in a refridgerator? Too obvious for some, but I think so.

I can barely put it into words how excited I am about the next issue, not because of what Butcher may do, the Homelander and Vought information being made public, Homelander's coup or how they plan on stopping the Homelander.

Oh no.

I'm more excited about learning what James Stillwell has planned. He's the real villain. He has a plan to replace the Supes with a new money maker. I've been wracking my brain for weeks about what that could be, probably something ironic like The Boys version of an iPad. I can not wait.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand