Tuesday, July 17, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Breaking a Bat: "The Plan" in Full Detail!! Batman #50 Spoilers!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:27 pm

Alright, it's been a few days so let Zechs look at this plan and crashing your mind-- WITH NO SURVIVORS!

If you've not been under a rock, then well Batman #50 was spoiled several days prior to the issue from being released. Well, one thing that was still surprisingly kept secret (for the most part) by news' sites.  So let's take a look at the culmination of writer Tom King's overall plot in his Batman run so far.

As always....

Heh.. there's irony there ain't it? *ahem* Anyway... let's give enough space for anyone who accidentally clicked this. 

Crazy ain't it?

Okay...

So, in the final page of Batman #50 we learn that Holly Robinson, the woman and long supporting cast member of various Catwoman ongoings, who also talked Selina out of marrying Bruce in this very issue goes back to Arkham (cause-- Blackgate Prison doesn't exist anymore?) to meet up with a cabal of people that want to break the Bat. 

broken

Led by Bane.

So yes, fifty issues all tied together apparently with Bane being the leader. So let's take a look at Bane's plan to break the Batman so far... 

- Recruits Gotham and Gotham Girl who then save Batman from a plane crash WITH NO SURVIVORS. With them in Gotham, they show Batman, there's a future for Gotham City beyond just him, and then Hugo Strange with the Psycho-Pirate to basically destroy that dream. (Batman Rebirth, Batman #1-6). 

- In return for the Psycho Pirate, Bane gives Strange the Venom drug to enhance the Monster Men who run amok in Gotham, because Bane/Strange both share a breaking Batman fetish.  (Batman#7-8, Nightwing #5-6, and Detective Comics #941-942 )

- To save a broken Gotham Girl (another calling card of Bane), Batman goes to Santa Prisca with his own Suicide Squad with Bane knowing he'd choose Catwoman on the mission, and the lovely lovely voice of the Ventriloquist, who is in on his plan.  Surprisingly, Punch and Jewlee aren't a part of the plan because that's the plan for an actually established and well-planned story apparently, not this one. (Batman #9-15

- Gotham Girl is fixed and save an arc in Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, we don't see her again till #50. 

- Bane lets Batman and Catwoman think they've beaten him, but in reality, does a performance worthy of an Academy Award. All to get Batman and Catwoman closer together. He still at least gets his breaking fetish on by breaking Nightwing, Robin, and Signal. (Batman #16-20

- FINALLY, we're at the point where our mind is broken first, as somehow Bane gets Flashpoint Thomas Wayne, who lives in another universe, in on his breaking Batman plan. His part to break his own son is to tell Bruce to live happily and raise a family. Our bodies will join our mind in being broken in #50. (Batman #21-22 and the Flash #21-22)

- Bane ends "the War of Jokes and Riddles" by FINALLY making the Riddler wear a shirt again and hopefully also stop being an edgy mofo.  He also him and the Joker in on his plan of breaking Batman further. But the entire point is again to get Catwoman and Batman closer for Batman to realize he wants Selina to be his wife, which she accepts. (Batman #25-32)

- Holly Robinson, in on Bane's plan. Betrays her best friend by having Bane help her kill a bunch of terrorists who blew up in the orphanage she lived in, Selina takes the blame for her friend who really isn't, and now hides with Bruce's ex Talia, who surprisingly is not in on this plan, even though her own Bat-breaking in Grant Morrison's Batman run. Probably because that one made more sense. (Batman #33-37

- Everyone in Bane's plan takes a timeout while Bruce/Selina have various adventures getting closer with one another and the DCU at large.  

- After some time knitting yarn, Bane returns to enact breaking plan by somehow obtaining and corrupting Skeets, the sidekick to Booster Gold. Skeets convinces Booster that the best gift for Batman is to show him a world where his parents lived, which somehow ends up worse for Gotham and Selina, but Bruce is happy-- sort of. Till his parents die again. All according to Bane's keikaku. We're still trying to figure out how Bane did this and the Thomas Wayne thing here. Also, seeds are planted for Tom King's future DC event "Identity Crisis 2: Stupidity Unbound". Instead of an actual story of heroes coping with mental fatigue of being a hero and crazy villain plans like these. (Batman #45-47)

- Bane sends the Joker off on a bi-weekly rampage event getting the reader to buy five one-shots and two issues that culminate in the Joker planting the seed of doubt in the mind of Catwoman. Also somehow knew that only Catwoman would be the one to stop the Joker's rampage, also somehow took into account Harley Quinn would too and prepared for it. Bane's keikaku at this point is so on-point it makes Light Yagami from Death Note weep in jealousy. (Prelude to the Wedding: Robin vs. Ra's Al Ghul #1, Prelude to the Wedding Nightwing vs. Hush #1, Prelude to the Wedding: Batgirl vs. the Riddler #1, Prelude to the Wedding: Red Hood vs. Anarky #1, Prelude to the Wedding: Harley Quinn vs. the Joker #1, Batman #48-49). 

- Holly plants the final seed of doubt to end Selina from marrying Bruce, and the wedding is called off (Batman #50).

- THE BAT IS BROKEN in the mind, now time for the body to join it.  At least that's what I guess the next fifty issues will be about. Anyway, Batman currently is grim and edgy because thus explaining his appearances in "Doomsday Clock", which takes place in the future, but not just yet. Not like Tom King's gonna actually marry Batman & Catwoman for reals this time right? RIGHT? He so is... Also Robin (Damian), Red Hood, and Batgirl go back to being grimy edgy characters again. No word yet if Nightwing, Signal, and Cassandra Cain will follow. But I guess the reasons is because THAT'S WHAT READERS WANT TO READ! Right? RIGHT?! 

So there you have it. The complete guide of how Bane did it all, even though it's utterly insane when you think about it. And they say drinking a lot of alcohol kills brain cells.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Belle-Tain Summer

Flying Mongoose

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:11 pm

:smt013 :smt021 :headbang: :smt030

I really hpe they have a follow up issue with the title "Swear to God, this time we're not kidding" just to make up for this.

Turd Crapley

Rain Partier

Postby Turd Crapley » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:17 pm

I get all the villains working together under Bane, but the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman being there just doesn't make any fucking sense. I knew they wouldn't go through with the wedding anyways but this was a convoluted ass way to get around it.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Tyr Stormbringer wrote:I get all the villains working together under Bane, but the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman being there just doesn't make any fucking sense. I knew they wouldn't go through with the wedding anyways but this was a convoluted ass way to get around it.

I figure Gotham girl is probably under the influence of Psycho Pirate. Is that the flashpoint batman, or the "Bruce's parents live" batman

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:29 pm

I guess Bane travelled to another Earth to meet Flashpoint Thomas Wayne by, what? Punching the universe really hard?

Unless that's not him and it's actually some imposter. But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. There's no way to make him make sense. :|

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
I figure Gotham girl is probably under the influence of Psycho Pirate. Is that the flashpoint batman, or the "Bruce's parents live" batman

The odds say doubtful given she's been M.I.A. for a long time in the run up till this point. She be all Talia Winters with a separate counter persona in there thanks to Hugo and the PIrate. Holly seems willing too. Besides FP Batman there's also Skeets.

The two of them are the big WTFs in this cabal. Like how the heck did Bane get his hands on Skeets?

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:39 am

Bane got skeets after boosters breakdown. Then used him to get whateverthefuckalternabats from wherewhenever. Is about the only way i can make it make any sense.

It still doesnt make any fucking sense.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:38 am

Imagine a DC comic not making sense? Scary times indeed.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Is that the flashpoint batman, or the "Bruce's parents live" batman

That's a good question. We've seen both of them in the book, after all (as opposed to, say, Injustice Jason Todd).

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:25 am

How sad is it that a Zechs article made more sense than the books he's talking about?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:59 pm

A guy I showed this to wrote:Your friend is assuming that Bane set up everything in King's run rather than react to events as they happened. Most notably, he didn't create Gotham and Gotham Girl, didn't arrange for himself to be defeated in I am Suicide and I am Bane, didn't send Booster back in time (which didn't actually do anything to our Batman, just Booster), and didn't arrange for Batman to confront his own father from another dimension after finding the Comedian's button in the Batcave.

Here's what we know Bane has done:
1. Found out Batman and Catwoman are getting married despite their keeping a low profile about that.
2. Sent the Joker to attack them both and plant a seed of a doubt in Catwoman's head about if getting married is a good idea.
3. Sent Holly Robinson to reinforce what the Joker had said, but from someone Catwoman actually loves and trusts instead of -y'know- the Joker. Thus causing Selina to run away.
4. Set up that rogues' gallery for phase two. Which yes, includes almost every antagonist from King's run so far (minus Talia, Ivy, and of course Kite Man), but that doesn't mean he was behind their previous attempts.

It's supposition that his plan goes deeper than that.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:41 pm

So...does Bane know that Batman is Bruce Wayne? Or did Knightfall and subsequent stories involving the guy who broke Batman's back happen differently because of rebooting crap?

Or is it one of those things that not even DC knows, even though, y'know...they should?

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:51 pm

"Why don't you just shoot him?"

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:55 pm

GHERU wrote:How sad is it that a Zechs article made more sense than the books he's talking about?

I'm scared now.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:55 pm

SporkBot wrote:So...does Bane know that Batman is Bruce Wayne? Or did Knightfall and subsequent stories involving the guy who broke Batman's back happen differently because of rebooting crap?

Or is it one of those things that not even DC knows, even though, y'know...they should?

Bane still knows bruce is the bat.

leave a comment with facebook