Thursday, July 19, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Brian Michael Bendis Researching Best Ways To Ruin DC Characters

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Spacedog wrote:Creepiest Namor ever. He looks like a sex offender. :lol:
ImageImage

It's funny. He had drawn a visually 'straightforward' Namor in other occasions. Maleev was consciously "trolling" the readership. :roll:

"I am Mr. Namor, high school chemistry teacher and lurker outside of the girls' bathrooms. Don't forget to vote for me in the upcoming school board election."

No slur meant on most chem teachers. I'm just thinking of one when I was in high school who hooked up with one of his students. At least he had the grace to quit his job and marry the girl.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Bendis will create a character who is a far better martial artist than Batman and will tease us for several issues about the characters identity.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 pm

LiamA wrote:Bendis will create a character who is a far better martial artist than Batman and will tease us for several issues about the characters identity.

Alfred Pennyworth's long lost son...by Martha Wayne.

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:14 pm

NeverReady wrote:
"I am Mr. Namor, high school chemistry teacher and lurker outside of the girls' bathrooms. Don't forget to vote for me in the upcoming school board election."

Is he a Republican in a red state? If so, then the election is just a formality.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Spacedog wrote:Creepiest Namor ever. He looks like a sex offender. :lol:
ImageImage

It's funny. He had drawn a visually 'straightforward' Namor in other occasions. Maleev was consciously "trolling" the readership. :roll:

After getting kicked out of Atlantis Namor now sleeps in a dumpster behind Captain D's.

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:35 pm

LiamA wrote:Bendis will create a character who is a far better martial artist than Batman and will tease us for several issues about the characters identity.

Who will then be ignored by the other writers once Bendis is off the books like at Marvel.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:24 pm

SporkBot wrote:
I don't know. Turning Captain Marvel into a pompous ass-wagon, Starfire into an apathetic sex doll, Tim into an arrogant "genius" that's actually pretty freakin' stupid, Batman's ambivalence to Jason Todd murdering people while wearing a bat-emblem, Cassie Cain and Stephanie Brown being little more than Harper Row's cheering squad-slash-subservient attention-givers, David Cain being a thoughtless henchmen with the personality of moldy oatmeal, Conner Hawke and his amazing technicolor hairdo, Bats and Catwoman having random angry rooftop sex, are all pretty thorough in ruining characters.

I don't see how he can do it. I mean granted, I haven't read any Bendis in a while, but still.

Bendis: Uhm guys… Hold my beer…

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:42 pm

In the Bendis/Johns Green Arrow book, Oliver will gruesomely get his arms torn off while screaming "Not like this!"

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:16 pm

LiamA wrote:
After getting kicked out of Atlantis Namor now sleeps in a dumpster behind Captain D's.

Not to side-rail, but ya know what I thought would've made more sense than Steve Rogers as a closeted Hydra goon? If Namor's homelessness in the 50s or whenever had been an act, like a ploy to go undercover without raising eyebrows to search for societal weak-points, and everything since was a plan to clandestinely wipe out the surface world. Dude was on the good and bad Illuminati teams. It would be less of a stretch.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:31 pm

holy fuck namor was ugly. :lol:

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:13 am

Draco x wrote:
Who will then be ignored by the other writers once Bendis is off the books like at Marvel.

Ronin has been ignored far long before that.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:48 am

Spacedog wrote:

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THAT??

I thought you guys were joking!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 am

LoganRSA wrote:

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THAT??

I thought you guys were joking!

I for one never joke about how awful Bendis & Maleev are.

FuzzyBarbarian

A Quagmire

Postby FuzzyBarbarian » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am

Seeing Legion of Super-Heroes there... please no! It seemed like Tom King was the obvious choice, but if it's Bendis... Paul Levitz already had almost all the Legionnaires sound the same! I can't take that again!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 am

All he has to do it think "WWGJD?"

leave a comment with facebook