Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Evening Edition • "For when life fails you."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Brian Wood Launches All-Female X-Men Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:49 pm

... trying to think of other major X-Women ... nope, you are right. Love this team, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the more underused ladies making appearances in this book. (Although I wouldn't be shocked if that's the plan anyway...)

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Punchy wrote:I'll probably get this just for the sweet sweet Coipel art, but just like Fearless Defenders, the 'all-female' team doesn't really make sense to me, there better be a damn good in-story reason for a group of only women X-Men (To be fair, Defenders has that, but there are only so many before you get to ridiculous things like a villain who can psychically control penises or whatever) to band together, otherwise this just seems like giving in to ridiculous internet whiners.

There are like, 200 X-Men, there's no reason for all of these ones, most of whom are starring in other comics too to band together just because comics just discovered 'girl power' 15 years too late.

Would it bug you if it was an all male team?

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:01 pm

I like the creative team, but I'm already buying three X-Men books.

I'm skipping this.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Would it bug you if it was an all male team?

Yes, but there has never been an all-male X-Men team has there?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yes, but there has never been an all-male X-Men team has there?
I don't know I was just wondering if you'd have a bug up your ass about everything

Johnny Smith

penile prisoner

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

bkthomson wrote:Ok, is Jubilee still a vampire?

no, she's back to being a Mall Rat :roll:

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
no, she's back to being a Mall Rat :roll:

Ok, well it it worked before. . . . :roll:

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Why the fuck is Jubilee a vampire?!

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Zero wrote:Why the fuck is Jubilee a vampire?!

Because Marvel hates Generation X.

(in every possible meaning of the phrase.)

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm

So as I say, this makes seven X-Men titles (plus, of course, two X-Force, two Wolverine, X-Factor, Gambit and A + X). Takes the piss, really.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 pm

X-books are pretty much all I buy from Marvel, so if the entire universe were just X-books, that would be MORE than fine with me. :lol:

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:53 pm

nietoperz wrote:Too many X-books. Seriously, this title is tempting to me, but you just know that there'll be some asinine crossover soon and you'll have to get all 5,756 other X-titles to know what's going on. Best just to leave it and be happy leading an X-free existence.

That's where I'm at with X-books currently. Yes, I'm reading many more than I typically do (WatXM, ANXM, will read Uncanny and Wolverine once they come out). The first sign of a crossover, they're all getting dropped except WatXM; I thought it handled AvX quite well. Same goes for this book.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:X-books are pretty much all I buy from Marvel, so if the entire universe were just X-books, that would be MORE than fine with me. :lol:

yep i'm all for more x-books.. as long as each book has a distinct reason for being i have no problem with there being more books

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:42 pm

It feels like it's missing a young girl x-person. Someone Jubilee and Kitty can mentor as former young girl x-people.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:49 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:It feels like it's missing a young girl x-person. Someone Jubilee and Kitty can mentor as former young girl x-people.

Are Armor or Pixie dead or spoken for?

leave a comment with facebook