Advertisement

Bryan Lee O'Malley's next project 'Seconds' delayed until 2014

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:50 am

The much-anticipated follow-up to Scott Pilgrim is pushed back until next year, but the creator has a good reason.

Source: www.radimaru.tumblr.com

Ever since Bryan Lee O'Malley wrapped his 6-volume hipster-manga-videogame-insane in the membrane masterpiece Scott Pilgrim in 2010, there's been one question on the lips of every single comics fan: "What's next?"

The answer to that question was Seconds, a new graphic novel that was supposed to come out this year, which really, we know nothing about other than it's title.

But now we know one more thing! That it's been delayed until 2014! Yay!

Wait. 

Not yay.

This is sad sad news, but O'Malley explains the reason why on his Tumblr, and I think personal injury is one we can all understand (unless you were one of those fans who was like 'I don't care if you have cancer Michael Turner, I want Ultimate Wolverine NOW!' and then he died and you felt no remorse).

O'Malley's blog post is as follows:

Welllll…….

I hurt my shoulder last summer and couldn’t work for a few months and unfortunately the book had to be delayed because of it.

I’m back to work on it now, but it won’t be out until………

………….2014……………

……Sorry………………………

*dies*

I was about halfway through writing/penciling the book when I had to stop, and it was really daunting to get back to work on it. That’s why I’ve been doing side projects recently like the Young Avengers cover and Battle Royale poster… it’s been helpful to work on smaller projects as I warm up from my time off.

Anyway, I hate talking about this behind the scenes stuff and I’m not here to complain about my cushy life but I’m going to have to explain this delay eventually and this is why: because of my health. I had to take a frustratingly long break in order to repair my body, and during that time off I’ve been working hard on fitness and stuff so this doesn’t happen again.

When I found out the book would have to be delayed into 2014 it was maybe the saddest day of my life…

I will continue to do more status updates on Seconds throughout 2013 as I get anywhere near finishing it. (You may have noticed I haven’t talked about it much since last summer; this is why…)

Sorry to all my fans.

Bryan

Awww, we forgive ya man! 

So yeah, Seconds is out in 2014, a bummer, but an understandable one.

Written or Contributed by Niam Suggitt

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand