Advertisement

C2E2 Exclusive: Marvel Announces Sequel to Thanos Rising by Seventh Young Gun Artist

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts

C2E2 Exclusive: Marvel Announces Sequel to Thanos Rising by Seventh Young Gun Artist

Postby LOLtron » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:58 am

Everyone else had an exclusive this weekend, so why not us?

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire

As C2E2 comes to a close, we've got one last big reveal from Marvel Comics: a sequel to Jason Aaron and Simone Bianchi's 2013 secret origin tale no one was asking for, Thanos Rising. The five issue mini-series, which hits stores this fall, will be titled "Thanos Rising 2: Thanos Sulks in the Dark and Smokes Clove Cigarettes While Listening to Portishead on His iPod." Axel Alonso revealed the title at an impromptu Marvel panel held in the parking lot of the convention center after the Editor in Chief consumed too many mai tais at CBR's Tiki Bar after C2E2 officially ended Sunday Night.

"I jussht wanna shhaay, I'm reeealy excited about all the exshiting announshements Marvel made at (hic) C3E3 thish weekend," boasted a swaying Alonso as he broke out an overhead projector and beamed images on a nearby brick wall. Alonso then announced that he would reveal one final universe-shattering secret, and began unzipping his pants, but several Marvel interns quickly excorted him to his hotel. Marvel Editor Nick Lowe then quickly took the stage to perform damage control, and was forced to announce a new series to placate the crowd.

"Ever since we fired that skunk Joe Keatinge and replaced him with Jason Aaron on Thanos Rising, we knew we had a hit on our hands," Lowe explained, "and since that series showed readers that the nihilistic Titan was really a softie with a broken heart, fans have been clamoring for more brooding teenage Thanos."

Lowe then revealed an exclusive first look at the series from new Young Gun artist Jim Gallo, who will replace Bianchi.

Writer Jason Aaron promised that we would see Thanos "as we've never seen him before, unless we've read Thanos Rising, in which case it's pretty much more of that." He told the growing crowd that he's already seen a six page sequence from Gallo in which Thanos keeps flipping his hair, only to have it fall right back down into his eyes. "It's heartbreaking," Aaron said.

Aaron added that he looked to his feelings of depression over Marvel's upcoming Death of Wolverine story for inspiration on the series, which will see Thanos writing poetry, trying cosmic absinthe, and revealing fundamental truths about his character through heavy-handed metaphors. "Fans of Thanos are really gonna learn more about what makes this character tick," he teased. "Specifically, they will learn that it's a hormonal imbalance in his brain that causes him to feel overly melancholy about everything. The third issue is nothing but excerpts from his Tumblr."

Look for Thanos Rising 2: Thanos Sulks in the Dark and Smokes Clove Cigarettes While Listening to Portishead on his iPod in the fall. In the meantime, you can look for updates on Jim Gallo's website or Facebook art page.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 465 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: C2E2 Exclusive: Marvel Announces Sequel to Thanos Rising

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:37 pm

At least he didn't steal Starlord's Walkman.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 173 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Never read "Thanos Rising" but now I wish I had.

Actually, no I don't.

Great article and the pic is priceless.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 617 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:16 pm

Supersoldier Washout wrote:Never read "Thanos Rising" but now I wish I had.

Actually, no I don't.

The article is really just a vehicle for the pic. :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Supersoldier Washout likes this post.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 273 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Supersoldier Washout wrote:Never read "Thanos Rising" but now I wish I had.

Actually, no I don't.

its not bad, nothing special.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

AngusH
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 28 posts

Postby AngusH » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:40 pm

I thought Thanos Rising was pretty bad. Didn't bother with the final issue.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand