Advertisement

C2E2 Organizers Disappointed to Learn James Tynion IV Is Not a Lannister

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:40 pm

The comic convention was convinced that the comic book writer was actually a character from Game of Thrones.

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire

C2E2 organizers were disappointed to learn that James Tynion IV had no relation to the hit HBO series Game of Thrones.  After preparing a large table and waiting line, complete with a full scale model of the Iron Throne, organizers discovered that the booth would be occupied not by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Peter Dinklage, the actors who play Jamie and Tyrion Lannister on television, but rather the writer of DC Comics' Talon

"We figured that the Lannisters' secretary was just really bad at spelling," said a C2E2 spokesperson.  "We could have sworn that the application read Jaime, Tyrion L with a V randomly tacked on at the end."

The error was discovered when Tynion arrived at the convention and was discovered to be neither a Dane nor a dwarf.  "My dog likes danishes," Tynion said when confronted by C2E2 staff.  "And I think he likes to pee on lawn gnomes, but other than that I don't think I have anything in common.  However, I am a firm believer in debt repayment, just like the Lannisters are."

After learning of the error, C2E2 banished Tynion to Artist's Alley, although they did allow him to keep the Iron Throne as they had run out of chairs.  "This worked out a lot better than the last time this happened to me," Tynion said as he surveyed Artist's Alley from the throne.  "Wizard World Tuskalooga sent Lou Ferigno to break my legs when they found out I wasn't a Lannister.  They figured if he snapped them off cleanly, they could pass me off as Peter Dinklage. I barely escape with my life that time." 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand