Monday, May 21, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Call for Reviews: Gotham City Sirens #12

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Dragavon wrote:Shame, because Nova was goddamn amazing.

I've heard many good things about that title. But I really don't read any superhero books anymore.

Chubbles

Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Fri May 28, 2010 5:53 pm

sorry guys but i passed on this one based on all the disappointment i sensed coming from those who read it

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri May 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Probably, yeah.

Cosmic is my least favorite sub-genre. But I'm not a big fan of space stories in general.

I have read a lot of Philip K. Dick, though. I like his work because he uses the sci fi setting simply to explore really interesting concepts and he doesn't bog down in technical descriptions. It's almost incidental whether a character has a ray gun or a space ship. He'll note that the protagonist is an alien and then provide almost no detail of what he looks like. I love it.

Have you read American Flagg!?

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Punchy wrote:Have you read American Flagg!?

This is embarrassing, but no, I haven't.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri May 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Eli Katz wrote:This is embarrassing, but no, I haven't.

I have the two volumes released recently and have yet to read them. :(

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 28, 2010 9:32 pm

thefourthman wrote:I have the two volumes released recently and have yet to read them. :(

Good, I'm not the only one.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 28, 2010 9:33 pm

My problem was that, at the time that American Flagg came out, I was totally into superhero books. I thought Secret Wars was the coolest thing in the world. And for whatever reason, i never bothered to read it when my tastes changed.

Postby ****** » Fri May 28, 2010 10:20 pm

For the 1763rd time, American Flagg! is genius and everyone should read it.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 28, 2010 10:21 pm

amlah6 wrote:For the 1763rd time, American Flagg! is genius and everyone should read it.

Okay.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri May 28, 2010 11:03 pm

Eli, should starlord go with I Zombie #2, next week?

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 28, 2010 11:12 pm

GLX wrote:Eli, should starlord go with I Zombie #2, next week?

Yes.

Definitely.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Especially because I loved Jude's review of issue 1. I bet his review of issue 2 would be even more entertaining.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri May 28, 2010 11:58 pm

GLX wrote:Eli, should starlord go with I Zombie #2, next week?

I can't tell you how tempted I've been to pick a next issue. Starlord should pick this book.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat May 29, 2010 12:25 am

Gotham City Sirens #12

I didn't dislike this at much as everyone else has so far. It definatley didn't have the flair and style of Dini, but I do think it kept both stories going forward. The problem is, it didn't have the quality that this book usually produces.

Between the two stories, Catwoman was probably my favorite but only because it did propell her sisters story forward. (Red Hood Lost Days #1 is my pick) After what happened to Selina's sister her mental collapse is one of the best that has been created in years - organicly comic to the T.

Poison Ivy, on the other hand, I found to be a bit dull. Though it was probably the best characterization of any of the Sirens, there still wasn't a lot there to enjoy. I'm not sure where this plot is going, but it really doesn't seem to matter, either.

The art was less than okay, and this is where the biggest dissapointment lies. I hope when Dini comes back things will pick up again, either way, keep building on Selina's sister. I'm really falling in love with this character.

Harley was just SO off though that her character was not enjoyable at all. Love this series, but this issue was the first to be just so so. Still, I enjoyed it more than a lot of others that we've reviewed.

Story: 6.5
Art: 5
My Score: 6

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat May 29, 2010 1:12 am

which one of you creepy fucks is Newton and why are you e-mailing me?

leave a comment with facebook