Wednesday, September 26, 2018 • Morning Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Call for Reviews: Gotham City Sirens #12

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat May 29, 2010 1:32 pm

starlord wrote:Am I the only one who actually reads everyone's reviews? Or is it just my review nobody reads. :P


I noticed but gave up trying to think of something nice to say about it.
User avatar

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat May 29, 2010 1:32 pm

starlord wrote:Am I the only one who actually reads everyone's reviews? Or is it just my review nobody reads. :P


doublepost

******

Postby ****** » Sat May 29, 2010 1:40 pm

starlord wrote:I just wondered because I threw my pick for next week right in the middle of my review to see who would notice it. :-D


Usually I don't read anyone's review until I've read the issue myself and since I'm not exactly in a hurry to read a book that's been Dini'd...

[center]Image
Red Hood: Lost Days #1
selected by starlord[/center]Written by JUDD WINICK
Art by PABLO RAIMONDI

Judd Winick (BATMAN: UNDER THE HOOD) returns to write the adventures of Jason Todd in this special 6-part epic exploring the lost days of this misunderstood character. Learn what secret events led Jason on his eventual path of death and destruction. Guest-starring Ra's al Ghul and Talia with amazing artwork by Pablo Raimondi (BATTLE FOR THE COWL: THE UNDERGROUND, X-Factor).

Batman | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat May 29, 2010 2:08 pm

I read everyone's reviews except one.

Flynn, I hadn't read the Blackest Night issue in question (still haven't, probably never going to) but from what I understand Selina's sister thinks she's possessed by a cat demon. I don't think I'm missing much. Except I dunno who the angel guy is but I assume that'll be resolved in the next issue.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat May 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Zero wrote:I read everyone's reviews except one.


I think we have a new mystery to replace the Spidertour Ignore list.

Flynn the Pirate

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Sat May 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Zero wrote:I read everyone's reviews except one.

Flynn, I hadn't read the Blackest Night issue in question (still haven't, probably never going to) but from what I understand Selina's sister thinks she's possessed by a cat demon. I don't think I'm missing much. Except I dunno who the angel guy is but I assume that'll be resolved in the next issue.


Yeah, I've kind of gleaned that. But based on the solicit, there was no mention of Maggie Kyle being in it. I guess that's why I was so irked by it - there was no head's up that, in order to have a better understanding of what is going on in this issue, one should have read or at least been familiar with another issue.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat May 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Oh the bait-and-switch solicit thing is just ridiculous, and the book should be 100% returnable to DC. Like I maybe said earlier, I'd rather have skip months than filler if the filler's like this.

Punchy, you'll have to repeat that. I have you on ignore :wink:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat May 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Zero wrote:Oh the bait-and-switch solicit thing is just ridiculous, and the book should be 100% returnable to DC. Like I maybe said earlier, I'd rather have skip months than filler if the filler's like this.

Punchy, you'll have to repeat that. I have you on ignore :wink:


Haha :P
User avatar

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Sat May 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Punchy wrote:I wait until the front page article.

And 2 Batman books in a row is lame-sauce! I hate Batman!


You sir need your brain checked right now! (No offense)

And as for next week's pick, I don't know how excited I am. We'll see once we get there. Still, a good pick.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat May 29, 2010 4:13 pm

I like winick so next week could be good.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat May 29, 2010 4:15 pm

amlah6 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't get to bitch until he's e-mailed you at least 30 consecutive days.

What'd you say bad about DC to get his panties in a bunch now?

‘More reviewing my horribly mediocre(except this was crossed through) very interesting book’
Much better.


Either way I don't like getting e-mails from creepy fucks.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat May 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Zero wrote:Oh the bait-and-switch solicit thing is just ridiculous, and the book should be 100% returnable to DC. Like I maybe said earlier, I'd rather have skip months than filler if the filler's like this.

Punchy, you'll have to repeat that. I have you on ignore :wink:

they are. Marvel is the only publisher that disregards any kind of fair play in solicits. That is why there was a HUGE retailer outcry about Fallen Sun
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sat May 29, 2010 6:52 pm

starlord wrote:I just wondered because I threw my pick for next week right in the middle of my review to see who would notice it. :-D

I read you review. Except for some reason, I completely missed that line. :oops:

Anyhow, I guess I will review this. I'm just waiting for it show up in the mail because I have a subscription.
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sat May 29, 2010 6:53 pm

thefourthman wrote:they are. Marvel is the only publisher that disregards any kind of fair play in solicits. That is why there was a HUGE retailer outcry about Fallen Sun

I barely read their solicits. Some of them are so absurd that it's pointless.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun May 30, 2010 1:36 am

thefourthman wrote:they are. Marvel is the only publisher that disregards any kind of fair play in solicits. That is why there was a HUGE retailer outcry about Fallen Sun


Marvel solicits kind of suck. Like the issue of New Avengers before the finale...where exactly did Mockingbird quit? :lol:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jack Burton and 61 guests