Advertisement

Call for Reviews: S.H.I.E.L.D. #2

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 431 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am

Eli Katz wrote:I don't like time travel stories, either. They are usually retarded.

I do like The Terminator, though.

The original was strongly in the whatever happened, happened camp. The second one is kind of confusing in a way, but hey it had better action.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:00 pm

AMS wrote:It is hard to do that though. Which is why I generally hate time travel stories period. If they do not subscribe to the "whatever happened, happened" thing then I do not care for it.

and if this story acted like that, I might have a problem with it, but this is a secret history, which means that whatever happens in this book FUNDAMENTALLY changes the nature of the Marvel Universe as we know it.

I do not think that having Da Vinci time travel is that change though. I don't get the it's okay to have time travel and historical figures, but don't you dare let historical figures time travel.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I don't like time travel stories, either. They are usually retarded.

I do like The Terminator, though.

I do like time travel like in Pax Romana or the new Star Trek movie, where the events from the time travel create a completely different history. Like in Back to the Future where McFly had to go fix what he changed. That's the way it should be.

I like Booster Gold and Quantum Leap too, where time travel does not effect the larger story of history because they act on small things or change the way history originally happened to create the history we know.

The Booster Gold issue where he tries to save Barbara Gordon was brilliant in that aspect.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:05 pm

thefourthman wrote:and if this story acted like that, I might have a problem with it, but this is a secret history, which means that whatever happens in this book FUNDAMENTALLY changes the nature of the Marvel Universe as we know it.

I do not think that having Da Vinci time travel is that change though. I don't get the it's okay to have time travel and historical figures, but don't you dare let historical figures time travel.

I don't like historical figures popping up in the Marvel Universe and being cosmic bad asses. That's my problem with it.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:06 pm

I don't think Hitler and Thanos would fight.

They'd make sweet love.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I don't like historical figures popping up in the Marvel Universe and being cosmic bad asses. That's my problem with it.

that, I can deal with... it makes sense, but Da Vinci was removed from his time and is being used by a cosmic entity, he isn't the cosmic entity in question.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I think the comic is brilliant so far. I love this kind of high concept book being done within the marvel universe. It is what I would hope Hickman coming to Marvel would eventually mean.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 pm

I will also take into account what you are saying about dialogue and such when I give both issues a reread.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Eli Katz vs Thefourthman!

The Outhouser whose tastes are often called impeccable vs the Outhouser who tastes are pecked at regularly if not often!

Who will win the thread, and whose entrails will be left for the carrion birds to dine on?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Eli Katz vs Thefourthman!

The Outhouser whose tastes are often called impeccable vs the Outhouser who tastes are pecked at regularly if not often!

Who will win the thread, and whose entrails will be left for the carrion birds to dine on?

interestingly enough, when we were working on the outhouse awards, our tastes seem to align fairly closely.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:02 pm

thefourthman wrote:interestingly enough, when we were working on the outhouse awards, our tastes seem to align fairly closely.

So what went wrong on your end of things since then?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:So what went wrong on your end of things since then?

what the hell are you even on about?

Of course, I get picked on, I put my neck out there more. It comes with the territory. It's not like I care.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 pm

thefourthman wrote:what the hell are you even on about?

Of course, I get picked on, I put my neck out there more. It comes with the territory. It's not like I care.

^Humor and reading comprehension fail.

Did you read The Buzzard?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:^Humor and reading comprehension fail.

sorry my head is still stuffed up... my humor has been broken for three or four days.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: The Buzzard... not yet, I have been falling asleep reading during this struggle with this cold. does not help that I have been working open to close for several days either. I get home, veg out in front of the television for about a half hour. Pick up the copy of Blacksad I have been reading for a week and wake up about four in the morning with a crick in my neck and the book on my chest.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:14 pm

thefourthman wrote:sorry my head is still stuffed up... my humor has been broken for three or four days.

Sick, eh? Probably all those children you hang around with.

Did you read The Buzzard or Tales Designed to Thrizzle? They were both good and funny.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand