Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I Can't Wait For my Hack/Slash Omnibus

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Shady

cheese

Postby Shady » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:23 pm

My favorite Indie title that mixes the buffy the vampire and horror genre together.

Ever since the new ongoing series has started (w/ Tim Seeley (w) & Emily Stone (a)), i've enjoyed the tales of Cassandra Hack and her partner Vlad, who hunt down slashers (undead or criminally insane villains) across the country.

This bad boy collects alot of the older mini series and one shots that come before the ongoing and feature art by Tim Seeley, Dave Crosland, Stefano Caselli, Skottie Young.

Hack / Slash Volume 1: First Cut
Hack / Slash Volume 2: Death By Sequel
HACK SLASH VS CHUCKY
Hack / Slash: The Final Revenge of Evil Ernie

If you ever come across an issue I'd strongly recommend trying it out.

Croaker

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Croaker » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 pm

I ordered this because I've always thought the premise was cool. I'm not currently reading the ongoing, though. I'll probably pick it up in trades if I like the omnibus.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:26 pm

The omnibus format has really picked up as of late.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:31 pm

there's an evil ernie crossover? i must've missed that one :shock:

Shady

cheese

Postby Shady » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Croaker wrote:I ordered this because I've always thought the premise was cool. I'm not currently reading the ongoing, though. I'll probably pick it up in trades if I like the omnibus.

supposedly "the first cut" part is good (vol. 1) and "death by sequel" (vol. 2) was okay and the art wasn't the greatest. im not too sure what other material is included so it'll be interesting to see.

Shady

cheese

Postby Shady » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:there's an evil ernie crossover? i must've missed that one :shock:

yeah it was a 1shot in 2005

Shady

cheese

Postby Shady » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:36 pm

Keb wrote:The omnibus format has really picked up as of late.

its a great way of catching up...i wish i had the cash though...especially for the Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:09 pm

Same. I've almost bought it on two different occasions, but decided against it because it would've put me in a tight spot.

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:29 pm

Don't be surprised if it's at the convention for US cover, or 50% off, or some deal like that. It may be worth the 20 minute drive.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:47 pm

What the heck is Hack/Slash?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:24 pm

Comic_Doctor wrote:Don't be surprised if it's at the convention for US cover, or 50% off, or some deal like that. It may be worth the 20 minute drive.
The Hack/Slash or the DD?

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:27 pm

Lord Simian wrote:What the heck is Hack/Slash?
It's a story of a character from a B-movie horror flick who hunts down the monsters and psychopaths.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm

john lewis wrote:It's a story of a character from a B-movie horror flick who hunts down the monsters and psychopaths.

You know, that might be interesting....

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Lord Simian wrote:You know, that might be interesting....
That's what she said.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 pm

john lewis wrote:That's what she said.

... While Hawk peeped in her windows.

leave a comment with facebook