Advertisement

Captain Marvel #4 (Disabuse Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Captain Marvel #4 (Disabuse Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:57 pm

I really find Kelly-Sue DeConnick’s ambition laudable, most creators who launch a book go for something fairly simple with the opening arc in order to introduce the status quo, but not DeConnick, she just jumps headfirst into a rather complex time-travel story arc which has now seen Carol Danvers go from the present day, to WW2 and now to 1961. It’s a bit of a headfuck, but it’s very interesting (and informative, I’ve actually learned stuff about women pilots) and she’s also managing to good character work with Captain Marvel at the same time. I feel like even though I’ve been reading about Carol as a member of the Avengers since I was about 11, this is the first time I’ve really gotten to know about who she is as a person in any great detail. I also find the character of Helen Cobb to be pretty intriguing, in #1 she was set up as a heroic inspiration for Carol, but the 1960s scenes in this issue seem to show a darker side of her, hmmmm.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Captain Marvel #4 (Disabuse Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm liking the series so far, but am getting a little bit of a "I am woman, hear me roar" kinda vibe.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand