Advertisement

Cart-O-Comics

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby KingPagla » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Midas wrote:Hey MechaKP. Love the new name. Unfortunately I don't check the e-mail address I used to register that frequently, so its not that helpful. I liked vBulletin where in my User CP there was a list of subscribed threads and it would let you know when there were new posts. I loved that functionality!
heh,I almost forgot about the "Mecha" part.

Yeah I miss that function too.

I thinkj you can change your associated email account here.
I have my G-mail account receive the alerts and it's always open in another tab.
Not getting the email alerts is my biggest problem with the new 'rama.

Advertisement

Midas
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Midas » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:26 pm

By the way, it looks like like the July CART will have some nice DC stuff in it, including the latest volumes of the Justice League International and the Question.

Also, if you're not psyched for the Secret Six ongoing from Gail Simone and Nicola Scott, you should either (1) go read the existing minis right away and GET excited or (2) just quit reading comics now.

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Midas wrote:By the way, it looks like like the July CART will have some nice DC stuff in it, including the latest volumes of the Justice League International and the Question.

Also, if you're not psyched for the Secret Six ongoing from Gail Simone and Nicola Scott, you should either (1) go read the existing minis right away and GET excited or (2) just quit reading comics now.

I've just set that up. It's better than nothing (aka newsarama).

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby misac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Midas wrote:Also, if you're not psyched for the Secret Six ongoing from Gail Simone and Nicola Scott, you should either (1) go read the existing minis right away and GET excited or (2) just quit reading comics now.

I actually didn't like the second mini.

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:37 pm

misac wrote:I actually didn't like the second mini.

Well, I didn't quite LOVE it but I still found it pretty strong. Hopefully it will open up more now that it's an ongoing. Did you read the crossover with Birds of Prey--that was definitely back to top notch form...

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:00 pm

Midas wrote:Well, I didn't quite LOVE it but I still found it pretty strong. Hopefully it will open up more now that it's an ongoing. Did you read the crossover with Birds of Prey--that was definitely back to top notch form...

I did, but I don't remember if Harley remained the sixth member.

I might give the trade a shot, I really like how she writes Deadshot.

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:06 pm

misac wrote:I did, but I don't remember if Harley remained the sixth member.

I might give the trade a shot, I really like how she writes Deadshot.

I *think* Harley was only in the group for the BoP arc. I doubt she'll be continuing on, though. The "nucleus" seems to be Catman, Deadshot, Scandal and Ragdoll. Can't wait to find out who the other two will be (any guesses from the silhouettes in the solicitation?

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:09 pm

I hadn't noticed Knockout was missing. I think a rotating sixth would have been neat, but with two it might be better.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby KingPagla » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:04 pm

misac wrote:I hadn't noticed Knockout was missing. I think a rotating sixth would have been neat, but with two it might be better.
Ooo, I hope that big silhouette is Grundy!

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:21 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Ooo, I hope that big silhouette is Grundy!

Gail would write and awesome Grundy, so I hope you're right!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:43 pm

Is that Killer Croc in the back?

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:44 pm

I'd like Giaganta to be on the team. Giant characters don't get enough time on the spotlight.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm really torn on the new Secret Six series. I loved the original Villains United mini but I didn't like the new one but that was mostly due to the artwork.

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:55 am

JL_Amato wrote:I'm really torn on the new Secret Six series. I loved the original Villains United mini but I didn't like the new one but that was mostly due to the artwork.

Karl Kerschl did the art on the Secret Six mini. Dale Eaglesham did the art the the VU mini and it was indeed much better. Nicola Scott is solid and I think will do a very good job. She was doing BOP at the end of Gail's run when there was the cross-over with the Secret Six and I thought she drew them very well.

On a completely different topic, it's "new comics Wednesday". I'm glad that I switched to DCBS and no longer have to drag my arse to the LCS every week.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Midas wrote:Karl Kerschl did the art on the Secret Six mini. Dale Eaglesham did the art the the VU mini and it was indeed much better. Nicola Scott is solid and I think will do a very good job. She was doing BOP at the end of Gail's run when there was the cross-over with the Secret Six and I thought she drew them very well.

On a completely different topic, it's "new comics Wednesday". I'm glad that I switched to DCBS and no longer have to drag my arse to the LCS every week.

Kerschl just did the covers. I think I would have liked it more if he had been the artist.

Plus the sweet discounts!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand