Advertisement

Cart-O-Comics

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

amlah6
User avatar
Whippersnapper
 
Posts: 10
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:07 pm


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby amlah6 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:49 pm

So DCBS has actually moved pretty fast with this. They've already imported all of the data from the MOC website.

Naturally they now show that I have stuff outstanding from 2, 3, 4 years ago.

Mitch meant well when he bought MOC, but he was not good at data/websites. :smt011

I'm guessing DCBS is picking up most of, if not the entire, bill for shipping comics to MOC customers for the next 2-3 months. That's a hell of an expense to eat, hopefully the influx of new business offsets it and they aren't over extending themselves. From the most recent update, it sounds like they probably had to pay to get the 1/8 books shipped from MOC to Indiana today so that they could get those sent out to customers along with the rest of January books next week.

Advertisement

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18291
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:55 pm

amlah6 wrote:So DCBS has actually moved pretty fast with this. They've already imported all of the data from the MOC website.

Naturally they now show that I have stuff outstanding from 2, 3, 4 years ago.

Mitch meant well when he bought MOC, but he was not good at data/websites. :smt011

I'm guessing DCBS is picking up most of, if not the entire, bill for shipping comics to MOC customers for the next 2-3 months. That's a hell of an expense to eat, hopefully the influx of new business offsets it and they aren't over extending themselves. From the most recent update, it sounds like they probably had to pay to get the 1/8 books shipped from MOC to Indiana today so that they could get those sent out to customers along with the rest of January books next week.


Well, I hope DCBS is getting some money with this operation. I'd hate to see them taking a loss.

Midas
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1200
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Midas » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:35 pm

It's a long-term win regardless for them to have their biggest competitor out of the way and to take most of their customers to boot.

Midas
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1200
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Midas » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:
Walking Dead does not fit that rule. Even with everyone possibly getting it. :-D

But I follow the same rule. My choices will be the two Oni books, Archaia's, the Molly Danger book, and Atomic Robo.


I realized that I pasted in 2013's FCBD books rather than 2014s. Not sure how I pulled that off.

Anyway, here is my January cart, including my FCBD selections.

FCBD 2014 DH AVATAR BITTY HELLBOY REXODUS (Net)
FCBD 2014 TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE (Net)
FCBD 2014 MOUSE GUARD LABYRINTH RUST HC (Net)
FCBD 2014 DEFEND COMICS (Net)
FCBD 2014 HIP HOP FAMILY TREE TWO-IN-ONE (Net)

EMPOWERED SPECIAL #6 INTERNAL MEDICINE
STRAY BULLETS: KILLERS #1 (MR)
STRAY BULLETS: THE UBER ALLES EDITION TP (MR)
FATALE DLX ED HC VOL 01 (MR) *Special Discount*
SEX CRIMINALS TP VOL 01 (MR)
WALKING DEAD TP VOL 20 ALL OUT WAR PT 1 (MR)
X-MEN LEGACY #300
MMW RAWHIDE KID TP VOL 01 DM VAR ED 63 *Special Discount*
X-MEN LEGACY TP VOL 04 FOR WE ARE MANY *Special Discount*
DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID TP VOL 05 *Special Discount*
THOR EPIC COLLECTION TP KINGDOM LOST *Special Discount*
MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER #1 *Special Discount*
TUROK DINOSAUR HUNTER #2
METABARONS GENESIS CASTAKA DLX HC (C: 0-0-1) *Special Discount*
UNITY #5 REG CRAIN
X-O MANOWAR #23 REG CAFU
HARBINGER BLEEDING MONK #0.2014 REG HENRY
QUANTUM & WOODY GOAT #0 REG FOWLER
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #18 REG LAROSA *Special Discount*
BLOODSHOT & HARD CORPS #20 REG LAROSA
ETERNAL WARRIOR #7 REG BERNARD
SHADOWMAN #16 REG DE LA TORRE

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18291
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Midas wrote:It's a long-term win regardless for them to have their biggest competitor out of the way and to take most of their customers to boot.


Oh well, I just hope DCBS stays in business.
Without them I could never afford the comics I buy.

Midas
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1200
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Midas » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Arion wrote:
Oh well, I just hope DCBS stays in business.
Without them I could never afford the comics I buy.


I hear that.

Midas
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1200
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Midas » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:There was also Heroes Corner, but I they were never really around that long.

And no, Midtown, Westfield, and TFAW have never done as comparable a discount.


Amazon with their free shipping and 37% discounts I'm sure remains a very real competitor, so there's that.

Lord Ice
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2762
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:45 pm


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Lord Ice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Arion wrote:
Oh well, I just hope DCBS stays in business.
Without them I could never afford the comics I buy.


I wouldn't even know where to go then. Might be forced to use...um less than legal means.
Image

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18291
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Midas wrote:
Amazon with their free shipping and 37% discounts I'm sure remains a very real competitor, so there's that.


But isn't Amazon only for tpbs and HCs?

Midas
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1200
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Midas » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:47 pm

Right. I don't get a ton of monthly comics but that would probably drop even further. I'd go to the LCS for Valiant titles and that's about it I'd guess.

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18291
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Midas wrote:Right. I don't get a ton of monthly comics but that would probably drop even further. I'd go to the LCS for Valiant titles and that's about it I'd guess.


Most of what I get are monthly comics.
And 90% of the comics I buy can't be found here in Perú.

So, again, I don't know what I would do without DCBS.

Midas
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1200
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Midas » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 am

I'm guessing Comixology will the the only way for you to go. Let's hope it never comes to that!

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25254
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby GOSD » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:Bleeding Cool has the story and says they're talking to a respected competitor. It's gotta be DCBS. Which means...........BK's gonna have to get used to sales tax!

THE MOC WARS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!! DCBS WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!


:lol:

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25254
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby GOSD » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Arion wrote:
Most of what I get are monthly comics.
And 90% of the comics I buy can't be found here in Perú.

So, again, I don't know what I would do without DCBS.


Yep. You'd be screwed.

I'd have to go back to my LCS. I don't want to do that.

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18291
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Cart-O-Comics

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:27 pm

GOSD wrote:
Yep. You'd be screwed.

I'd have to go back to my LCS. I don't want to do that.


Haven't been to a comic store in a long time.

Midas wrote:I'm guessing Comixology will the the only way for you to go. Let's hope it never comes to that!


Well, I could buy comics in MidtownComics.com but the discount is only 15%.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClockKing1986, Yahoo [Bot] and 47 guests

Advertisement