Advertisement

Casanova: Avaritia #2 ((Cynical Bullshit) Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Casanova: Avaritia #2 ((Cynical Bullshit) Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:12 pm

More insane genius from Matt Fraction and Gabriel Ba. This issue was just amazing, so much happened and I can’t even get my head around it. First you had Casanova’s new mission of killing a different version of Luther Desmond Diamond (the man who will become Newman Xeno) in every universe, and then an insane scene between Cass and Sasa Lisi. Then samurais and pandas and then some weird kind of meta-commentary scene where Luther Desmond Diamond is actually Matt Fraction himself, and then homosexual undertones and then Casanova deciding to not kill LDD after all, and an explanation behind the back-up story in Gula #4. I think my favourite scene was when Casanova assaulted LDD’s boat, Fraction didn’t use dialogue and instead made fun of the kinds of dialogue he would use, such as ‘(Cheap and easy juvenile bullshit)’ and ‘(Pandering)’. It’s just great to see a book that tries new things, not everything comes off and it is confusing, but at least Casanova is trying. The art from Ba was fantastic as usual, this book just wouldn’t work with a lesser artist. I need to read this about 10 more times before I fully understand it, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand