Advertisement

CBR Moves All Negative DC Forum Threads to Ghetto

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post

Re: CBR Moves All Negative DC Forum Threads to Ghetto

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Dc must surely realize now there is a sizeable number of fans who hate the reboot. Why not create 4 original universe books? Another reason to pump out another bat book at any rate

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 pm

holtom2000 wrote:Dc must surely realize now there is a sizeable number of fans who hate the reboot. Why not create 4 original universe books? Another reason to pump out another bat book at any rate

because that's pandering to the fanboys which is what dug dc into the hole they were pre-reboot.

it wasn't the reboot itself that killed them, it's how badly concepts that were perfectly fine were butchered in the new status quo. look that the bronze tiger article zechs did to see how a cool character got turned into a pile of shit.

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
because that's pandering to the fanboys which is what dug dc into the hole they were pre-reboot.

The only fanboys they've been pandering to are named "Geoff Johns", "Jim Lee", and "Dan DiDio"...

it wasn't the reboot itself that killed them, it's how badly concepts that were perfectly fine were butchered in the new status quo. look that the bronze tiger article zechs did to see how a cool character got turned into a pile of shit.

...and that's part of the mountain of proof. Nobody asked them to tamper with Ben Turner, or Amanda Waller, or any of the rest of the characters they've crapped on.

IhateCBR
Faster Pussycat

Formerly: I Love CBR

Postby IhateCBR » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:14 am

... is ANYONE really, and I mean REALLY surprised at this? :smt011

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 25 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:25 am

Great avatar. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:29 am

Herald wrote:
...and that's part of the mountain of proof. Nobody asked them to tamper with Ben Turner, or Amanda Waller, or any of the rest of the characters they've crapped on.

And therein lies DC's problem. The reboot changed so many much-loved characters to such an extent that they were no longer the same ones the fans cared for. At that point, people started to realise that they were better off either just dropping the New 52 books and sticking with their back issues or making their voices heard. DC, sadly, have no intention of listening, and the big sites are far too craven to do anything but capitulate to them.

DCnU = New Coke, plain and simple.

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:45 am

Just looking around, the most recent DC topics are:

Preview for Batwing
Preview for Action Comics
Discussion on Vertigo
Superman Unchained variant covers
Jason Todd's penis (okay, maybe this one doesn't count)
Bronze Tiger's reboot
the new Justice League issue

would all of these be separate topics @ CBR? Or, if they turn negative, do they go in the megathread (that would just be crazy & unwieldy)?

"Oh, hey, speaking of JLoA's cliffhanger, what do you think of Bronze Tiger?" "Hey, Vertigo fans, check out these Superman variant covers!" - That CAN'T be accurate... can it?

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:08 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

Yes, like all good businesses, DC understands that instead of catering, (pandering), to your hard core consumer base, (fanboys), you really need to piss them off instead. Yeah, alienate your most dedicated customers, that's the ticket!
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:09 am

nietoperz wrote:
And therein lies DC's problem. The reboot changed so many much-loved characters to such an extent that they were no longer the same ones the fans cared for. At that point, people started to realise that they were better off either just dropping the New 52 books and sticking with their back issues or making their voices heard. DC, sadly, have no intention of listening, and the big sites are far too craven to do anything but capitulate to them.

DCnU = New Coke, plain and simple.

This.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:15 am

Buried Allen's response to a CBR poster linking to our article: :lol:

It's an interesting conspiracy theory. Would probably make for a great novel, movie, or comic book. One thing it isn't, though, is real.

I came up with the idea myself between dinner and the evening commute home from work, a day in which I'd already had to round up a number of threads that were, more or less, pursuing the same general topic ("I don't like the New 52"), which has been the purpose of this thread for...almost a year now. I didn't even consult the other two forum moderators, nor Jonah Weiland, let alone anybody from Time Warner/DC Comics. It's actually a flattering idea, really, but not any truer for it.

Action Ace asks:
This reminds me, did they ever identify the jack booted thug that told the Outhouse "reporter" that DC wasn't talking to them? I need to send that thug a medal. :-D
:lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 am

And another poster responded to him:

Actually, DC forbidding their writers to have interviews with a site is creepy in general. This whole recent "nondisclosure agreement" business strikes me as just a tad evil.

8)

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:23 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

I'm not going to lie to you. I hate what they're doing to bronze tiger

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:25 am

achilles wrote:
Yes, like all good businesses, DC understands that instead of catering, (pandering), to your hard core consumer base, (fanboys), you really need to piss them off instead. Yeah, alienate your most dedicated customers, that's the ticket!

:)

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:36 am

Bah. I'm just rereading Red Son. About 1000 times better Superman story than we've had in...what, five years? Ten?

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand