Thursday, July 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

CB Cebulski named Marvel Editor in Chief

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 pm

LiamA wrote:That was a short run by Alonso.

7 years is not a short run there were 9 EICS in the seventies, not to mention 4 at once in the 90s!

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 pm

jephd wrote:7 years is not a short run there were 9 EICS in the seventies, not to mention 4 at once in the 90s!

7 years? Really? Damn. This is what happens when one year is now one story instead of twelve stories.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 pm

HNutz wrote:So Alonso's out?

I hear DC has an opening for an editor...

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:17 am

DJ Convoy wrote:I'm sick of heroes fighting heroes, heroes not being heroic and ugly costumes. I want continuity AND consistency. I want fun stories, challenging stories and even deep stories, as long as they are good and told with an eye toward previous characterization and events.

Thought you were talking about the DCEU movies while I was reading this part.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Thought you were talking about the DCEU movies while I was reading this part.

It's all fan-fiction at the end of the day.

If I had to pinpoint a singular moment, I think it was DC's hotline for readers to call and vote as to whether Jason Todd lives or not that was the point where it became clear the powers running the big two no longer really knew what they had in their hands or what to do with any of it. Everything since, extending into film and television, is emulating elements from the past, especially creators trying to vicariously be Claremont & Byrne or Moore or Miller.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:48 pm

DJ Convoy wrote:I'm sick of heroes fighting heroes, heroes not being heroic and ugly costumes. I want continuity AND consistency. I want fun stories, challenging stories and even deep stories, as long as they are good and told with an eye toward previous characterization and events.

fieldy snuts wrote:Thought you were talking about the DCEU movies while I was reading this part.

2016 brought us Civil War (Avengers vs Avengers), X-Men Apocalypse (X-Men vs X-Men) and Superman vs Batman movies. We've recently had Avengers vs X-Men, Inhumans vs X-Men, Hulk vs Everyone, etc. events.

It's really gotten old.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:17 pm

HNutz wrote:

2016 brought us Civil War (Avengers vs Avengers), X-Men Apocalypse (X-Men vs X-Men) and Superman vs Batman movies. We've recently had Avengers vs X-Men, Inhumans vs X-Men, Hulk vs Everyone, etc. events.

It's really gotten old.

And my own long-running war with DarhtEwok came to a surprisingly brutal end. I lost my third arm even, which has unfortunately postponed my quarterly costume change.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:18 pm

HNutz wrote:

It's really gotten old.

To be fair, Fieldy's probably not aware of Bendis's career change and he doesn't realize he's a DC fanboy now.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
And my own long-running war with DarhtEwok came to a surprisingly brutal end. I lost my third arm even, which has unfortunately postponed my quarterly costume change.

No risk was too high or too great to ensure that particular battle would be won.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:40 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
No risk was too high or too great to ensure that particular battle would be won.

Tell that to Medicaid.

:x

leave a comment with facebook