Monday, September 24, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

10/22/08 -- Chappy's Blue Plate Specials...le Spoils!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Hot and ready.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:54 pm

I agree with chap22 on FC. Worse that I have to read FC: Submit to understand the first part with Black Lightening and the Tattoo Man. Though I thought the best part was the Black Adam scene. Still I couldn't help but look at certain pages wondering if heroes I liked survived (so far counted Jaime, Rose, and Tim no Cass or Steph yet *sniffle*).

Also this kinda spoils JSA doesn't it with Kingdom Come Superman being gone and the upcoming Black Adam storyline as well?

Next issue for FC is the big Supergirl vs Mary Marvel fight yes?

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:05 pm

SI was my pick of the week. The first few issues of the series were slow, but man, this is was all out awesomesauce!

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:04 pm

What were your thoughts on the new Cap ish, chap? It had your Batroc in it.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:45 pm

I actually thought this was the best issue of FC so far. The story actually had flow to it and seemed to actually have some moments of folks dealing with their emotions. It still wasn't great or anything, but it was good. Maybe it's just lowered expectations though.

SI was in fact awesome this week. The two tie ins I picked up, Thunderbolts and New Avengers, were also great. It really feels like Norman will be running SHIELD in the end though. I loved the moment with Bullseye, in Thunderbolts both Daredevil and Spiderman are visible, but by far the moment with Clint picking up the bow was the best in the book. Great issue and I can't wait to see it play out in the finale. This is a much better crossover.

There's some other books like Blue Beetle that I'll post some thoughts on tomorrow, but I want to watch the World Series now.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:47 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I actually thought this was the best issue of FC so far. The story actually had flow to it and seemed to actually have some moments of folks dealing with their emotions. It still wasn't great or anything, but it was good. Maybe it's just lowered expectations though.

SI was in fact awesome this week. The two tie ins I picked up, Thunderbolts and Mighty Avengers, were also great. It really feels like Norman will be running SHIELD in the end though. I loved the moment with Bullseye, in Thunderbolts both Daredevil and Spiderman are visible, but by far the moment with Clint picking up the bow was the best in the book. Great issue and I can't wait to see it play out in the finale. This is a much better crossover.

There's some other books like Blue Beetle that I'll post some thoughts on tomorrow, but I want to watch the World Series now.

Is Thunderbolts any good? Is it worth buyin?

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:52 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Is Thunderbolts any good? Is it worth buyin?

I've enjoyed it, but I need to save money and was thinking of dropping it after this arc. It's a tough choice right now though, Norman is really interesting and there are lots of cool things going on. The SI story was lots of fun though.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I've enjoyed it, but I need to save money and was thinking of dropping it after this arc. It's a tough choice right now though, Norman is really interesting and there are lots of cool things going on. The SI story was lots of fun though.

if Norman comes the head of SHEILD (another SI prediction I had), I just may pick it up.

I think Songbird will join the Dark Avengers, and fulfill her Avengers appearance in Avengers Forever.

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:58 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Is Thunderbolts any good? Is it worth buyin?
the caged angels story and this SI tie-in arc are the two stories i've read so far and i think they're great.

GratefulFred

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 pm

I really liked Final Crisis 4, and am about to read Secret Invasion 7 and Captain America.
I'm saving Cap for last because it's my favorite book.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Colonel Angus wrote:the caged angels story and this SI tie-in arc are the two stories i've read so far and i think they're great.

may pick up the back issues.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:10 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:if Norman comes the head of SHEILD (another SI prediction I had), I just may pick it up.

I think Songbird will join the Dark Avengers, and fulfill her Avengers appearance in Avengers Forever.

I think Thunderbolts might be Dark Avengers after reading this book.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 pm

GratefulFred wrote:I really liked Final Crisis 4, and am about to read Secret Invasion 7 and Captain America.
I'm saving Cap for last because it's my favorite book.

I really liked Cap this week.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:21 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I really liked Cap this week.

I felt the flashbacks were handled pretty good.

GratefulFred

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Just finished Cap. I've never read Cap prior to Bru writing the book and enjoyed Batroc.

leave a comment with facebook