Advertisement

Chris Rock's Old Spice Loving Dad Could Play Luke Cage in Marvel Movies

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 246 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 am

Because 'Terry Crews is not techinically opposed to playing Luke Cage in Marvel's movieverse' doesn't make as strong a headline.

Source: Collider

Chris Rock's dad Terry Crews has had a pretty illustrious career as the spokesman for Old Spice, but we all know that no one is anyone until they've been cast as a superhero in a Marvel Movie. That's why comics fans have been clamoring for Crews to play Luke Cage in the Marvel Cinematic Universe for some time now. After all, he's be perfect for the role, being both bald and black. But despite fandom's somewhat racist and definitely foliclist dream casting, Crews has denied all rumors... until now!

In an interview with Collider about Tyler Perry Presents: Tyler Perry in Tyler Perry's The Single Moms Club, Crews dropped a bombshell about the possibility of playing Cage in Marvel's upcoming Netflix show: "Anything can happen."

Anything can happen, guys! Holy shit! Quick, get a headline up on every major comics news site! Oh wait, that's already happened.

Crews also said he's "game" to play Cage, if Marvel is interested. I wouldn't get too excited, though, personally. Crews is 45 years old, and a Cage series is likely going to be an origin story. Crews might work in a role as a father figure to Cage, but the actor who lands the lead role is likely to be a bit younger. Hey, anyone know what Tyler James Williams would look like without hair?

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 624 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Re: Chris Rock's Old Spice Loving Dad Could Play Luke Cage i

Postby outsider » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:14 am

Crews is awesome, but I wonder if he's too old. It depends on the angle they want to play for Luke Cage, but outside of Iron Man, Marvel has gone for younger blood.
-

rov124
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 1 post

Postby rov124 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Yeah he's too old. Maybe he could be Absorbing Man.

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 118 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Who cares how old he is, does Luke Cage have to be 20 to be sent to prison and experimented on?

And for the record the actors playing Hawkeye, Iron Man, Hulk, are all in the 40's. SLJ is 65.

Suck it haters.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 624 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:08 pm

LOL, *I* think he'd be awesome, but that doesn't stop me from understanding Marvel's perspective, BO. :lol:
They're looking at spinoff franchises, and Luke Cage doesn't get to hide in an armor and have just his facial wrinkles touched up in post.
-

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum