Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Collider Changes Name to FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics, or FBPFBP For Short

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Log-Man wrote:They didn't check the copyright. :|

The have an entire armada of intellectual property lawyers because their IPs are their greatest assets and they defend them like a rabid mama badger backed into a corner protecting her last cub who also has cancer. Nothing goes in or out of their offices without miles of legal protection. The idea that they would pull such an incredibly amateurish blunder is simply beyond reason.

There aren't enough :smt011

Just leave the counter at zero already.

Look, these are the same folks that lost a suit against another company who was essentially using the DC Comics logo because they failed to register the trademark for their own logo properly.

Their lawyers are as incompetent as their editors!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I have to agree about the title not being a very good one for this series. When I saw the first issue solicited, I wondered what exactly the title had to do with the series. After having read the first issue, I'm still wondering what the title has to do with the series. :smt102

When I see it in article titles, I keep think they are referring to the website http://collider.com/

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:46 pm

It's so weird to change the title after the first issue...

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Now, even when DC does something right, they end up shooting themselves in the foot.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Lord Ice wrote:Now, even when DC does something right, they end up shooting themselves in the foot.

It's like a tragicomedy .

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:38 pm

MrBlack wrote:Look, these are the same folks that lost a suit against another company who was essentially using the DC Comics logo because they failed to register the trademark for their own logo properly.

Their lawyers are as incompetent as their editors!

That's pretty much what I was going to say. They didn't learn from the LAST time they got sued for something like this, so RESET THE COUNTER.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Lord Ice wrote:Now, even when DC does something right, they end up shooting themselves in the foot.

Like when they hire Giffen, DeMatteis, and Maguire for a JL3000 book, then realized later that they wanted the umpti-quadrillionth Darker and Edgier DCnU book. :roll:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:46 pm

I'll read it for the next 12-18 issues before it's cancelled.

João Bernardo

FACEBOOKTron

Postby João Bernardo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 pm

I’ve been informed that the claim may well come from the original graphic novel Collider, which is due for release as a movie. Found this here: www.colliderworld.com.

striller

Faster Pussycat

Postby striller » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:30 pm

I’ve been informed that the claim may well come from the original graphic novel Collider, which is due for release as a movie.

leave a comment with facebook