Wednesday, May 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Blacklisted since 2012."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Comic of the Week 7-2-08 Nominations

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:38 pm

Nominate the book that you thought was the best of the week!

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:18 pm

I just got done reading this weeks stack of books and I am gonna have to nominate: The Walking Dead # 50

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:24 pm

Honestly, none of the comics I got this week really blew me out of the water. Batman, PWJ, and AXM were decent, but not really worth nomination.

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Batman #678

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Astonishing X-Men #25.

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:01 am

twoheads wrote:Honestly, none of the comics I got this week really blew me out of the water. Batman, PWJ, and AXM were decent, but not really worth nomination.

So, I got to the store super early today and the pull lists were still in the process of being pulled so I volunteered to just grab mine myself because everything was already on the shelf. I just realized that I completely forgot to grab a copy of Fables #74.

I have a feeling it's going to be my nomination after I get a chance to read it.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:03 am

The Boys #20

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 am

BILLY BATSON AND THE MAGIC OF SHAZAM! #1

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:22 am

thefourthman wrote:BILLY BATSON AND THE MAGIC OF SHAZAM! #1

Who is writing that?

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:37 am

twoheads wrote:Who is writing that?

MIKE KUNKEL of Herobear fame.

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:17 am

Mr. Batman wrote:Batman #678

Seconded. Fucking brilliant.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Avengers/Invaders #3.

I know nobody's reading this, in large part because of the art. But it is damn exciting. In this issue alone, we have WW2 Namor fighting present-day Namor, Spidey making his characteristic wisecracks, and WW2 Bucky shooting at and knocking out Tony.

More people should be buying this book. It has great action, solid plot development, and a real celebration of Marvel's golden age characters. The art seems to be golden-age inspired, and in my mind suits the tone of the story. Plus, the Alex Ross covers are amazing. This week's is easily the best cover of any book.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:21 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Avengers/Invaders #3.

I know nobody's reading this, in large part because of the art. But it is damn exciting. In this issue alone, we have WW2 Namor fighting present-day Namor, Spidey making his characteristic wisecracks, and WW2 Bucky shooting at and knocking out Tony.

More people should be buying this book. It has great action, solid plot development, and a real celebration of Marvel's golden age characters. The art seems to be golden-age inspired, and in my mind suits the tone of the story. Plus, the Alex Ross covers are amazing. This week's is easily the best cover of any book.

I haven't been minding it, but I'd be enjoying it a lot more if the Invaders weren't being protrayed as complete idiots.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Patsy Walker: Hellcat #1.

A completely fun comic to read. :D

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:55 pm

twoheads wrote:So, I got to the store super early today and the pull lists were still in the process of being pulled so I volunteered to just grab mine myself because everything was already on the shelf. I just realized that I completely forgot to grab a copy of Fables #74.

I have a feeling it's going to be my nomination after I get a chance to read it.

Yep, I'd like to officially nominate Fables #74.

leave a comment with facebook