Wednesday, January 17, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Comics Full Monthly Solicitations for November 2013

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Newsarama interviewed Kindt about "Forever Evil: ARGUS" and it's role in this event.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:43 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:What frustrates me is that these things probably DO sell. They probably sell really well. When I went into my shop around the time Age of Ulton #1 came out, the shop owner told me that the foil cover was seriously helping sales on that book. He had sold out quicker than he had expected.

The logical part of me says, "of course it did. It's a world where you can't judge a book by it's cover but that cover still helps sell the thing. If you can make the book stand out and get noticed, it's more likely to get bought."

But the grumpy fan who survived the nineties, the speculator boom and fall, and more cover gimmicks than I can shake a stick at says, "I don't have money to pay for these shiny covers which COST MORE. I don't buy books for a cover. The books sit in a box where the cover does no one any good. I buy books for the story. And the pretty art. But the art in the INTERIOR. And I'm probably just going to buy this thing on ComiXology if I pick it up at all and in that medium, the cover is meaningless."

I don't know. I just figure that aging fans should know better and should be punishing books for resorting to cheap, expensive gimmicks in order to make more sales. But we've learned nothing.

I have all the robin covers from the second mini... Wow do I regret that purchase

MikeinLA

Post Whore

Postby MikeinLA » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Action Comics #25
Aquaman #25
Wonder Woman #25
World's Finest #17
Superman/Wonder Woman #2
Superman Unchained #5
Batman/Superman #5
Harley Quinn #0
Animal Man #25
Adventures of Superman #7
Batman '66 #5
Dr. Midnite tpb (maybe)
Astro City #6

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Aside from the Vertigo books not much listed really interests me so far.

Evan Meadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:42 am

MikeinLA wrote:Action Comics #25
Aquaman #25
Wonder Woman #25
World's Finest #17
Superman/Wonder Woman #2
Superman Unchained #5
Batman/Superman #5
Harley Quinn #0
Animal Man #25
Adventures of Superman #7
Batman '66 #5
Dr. Midnite tpb (maybe)
Astro City #6

Never read Dr. Midnite before? So worth it.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:47 am

holtom2000 wrote:
I have all the robin covers from the second mini... Wow do I regret that purchase

I do too.
And I paid $1 total for all of them.
In 2008.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:48 am

chap22 wrote:thanks for saving me money a second consecutive month, DC.

Wonder Woman #25
Earth-2 #17 -- MAYBE
Batman & I Refuse To Type Out the Name #25

FBP #5
Astro City #6
Fables #135
Fairest #21

Are you sitting out on Flash due to this arbitrary crossover bullshit?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:42 am

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Are you sitting out on Flash due to this arbitrary crossover bullshit?

oh sweet lord yes. why the fuck would I want to read a Flash issue that's a Batman Zero Year tie-in? i'm not reading Zero Year in the first place...why should I support DC's blatant cash-grabbery forcing of a tie-in into a completely unrelated book that doesn't need the Bat-influence?

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:05 am

Wonder Woman #25

Batman is dropped now and I'm trade waiting on all the Vertigo stuff.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:08 am

chap22 wrote:oh sweet lord yes. why the fuck would I want to read a Flash issue that's a Batman Zero Year tie-in? i'm not reading Zero Year in the first place...why should I support DC's blatant cash-grabbery forcing of a tie-in into a completely unrelated book that doesn't need the Bat-influence?

I really don't get how they can justify this from a creative perspective. I'll be upset if this actually increases sales.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Superman Unchained #5

Worlds Finest #17
Suicide Squad #25

leave a comment with facebook