Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Comics Pros React to Gail Simone Being Fired from Batgirl

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:
"To the end?!" She's fired, not dead! :shock: :lol:

I had a similar line of thinking, when Berger left. I was ready for some to set up a wake. :lol:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:02 pm

I hope if she's legit gone from DC she'll give her honest opinion on putting Oracle down and making her Batgirl again.

Whil she is there her replies were very yes-man ish

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:10 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I hope if she's legit gone from DC she'll give her honest opinion on putting Oracle down and making her Batgirl again.

Your Word for Today, Fieldy: Sycophantic. :P

But yeah, I want to see if she'll give an honest report about her time at DiDio-era DC in general.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Herald wrote:
Your Word for Today, Fieldy: Sycophantic. :P

Your word for today Harold: Obsessed.

You sound like the kind of guy that goes through Dan the Man's (modern day Stan Lee) trash.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:18 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Your word for today Harold: Obsessed.

And now, you can't spell "Herald", either. Tsk tsk! :P

You sound like the kind of guy that goes through Dan the Man's (modern day Stan Lee) trash.

HA!! Dan wishes he was fit to lick Stan Lee's muddy boots, much less be a modern day replacement! :P

Also, "Dan the Man" makes his trash available for purchase every month in Phantom Stranger. :P :P

BTW: In case you missed it, I do agree that it will be interesting to see if Gail will comment on what happened at DC.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I hope if she's legit gone from DC she'll give her honest opinion on putting Oracle down and making her Batgirl again.

Two years or more before we get that honest answer probably. But then again probably never.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Yeah, Gail is as gracious as ever.
It's still more than Dan and the Gang deserve, though...

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm am frankly loving the dc hate. They've earned it.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Honestly, until the Birds of Prey relaunch started going wonky with art stuff I don't think she had reason to be anything other than a company gal- they gave her lots of latitude and support for Birds and Secret Six which she's always seemed to truly love doing, gave her a run at Wonder Woman, and even more free reign over at Wildstorm (was the Tranquility stuff creator owned?).

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 am

The Bass wrote:The sad thing is I actually kind of like nieto. Its doombug, and the respect guy, who are the worst for pushing their shit onto me, and demanding I play along with their views

Thanks a lot you cock stain.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 am

The Bass wrote:
Except where I come from, my boss, and several of the big Batman fans in the shop, always treat Detective as the bigger book, and flagship of DC Comics, given that the company is named after it. I realise thats pretty superficial, but thats how we treat it.

Because you're as dumb as a stump.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Thanks a lot you cock stain.

:lol:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:16 am

How does one treat a book like it's bigger than another book, anyway? Just curious what that means in practice.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 am

Victorian Squid wrote:How does one treat a book like it's bigger than another book, anyway? Just curious what that means in practice.

Place it on a golden pedestal.

It probably means they order more copies of 'Tec.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:49 am

Victorian Squid wrote:How does one treat a book like it's bigger than another book, anyway? Just curious what that means in practice.

Love it, and pet it, and squeeze it, and name it George?

leave a comment with facebook