Advertisement

Conan The Barbarian #4 (Eight minutes left Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Conan The Barbarian #4 (Eight minutes left Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon May 21, 2012 9:56 am

The second arc of Brian Wood’s Conan run begins, and it’s just as good as the first one. Conan and Belit form a plan to rob Argos, the city he barely escaped from back in #1, and it’s a pretty good one, in the vein of Luke and Han dressing up as Stormtroopers and pretending the caught Chewbacca. Conan will pretend to be a prisoner, and while they go through the rigmarole of a trial, Belit’s crew will look Argos. But of course, it doesn’t go to plan, there is no trial and Conan is to be executed at dawn. We all know he’ll get out of it, but the fun is in seeing how, and I’m very much looking forward to #5 to see it. James Harren steps in for Becky Cloonan with this issue, and he does an excellent job, his Conan isn’t as youthfully cocky as Cloonan’s, but he’s still the same wiry character. I particularly loved the double-page spread which showed the architecture and buildings of the city, that was beautiful. Harren is a more than capable fill-in. This book, after only 4 issues, is already my favourite Conan run ever, but then I haven’t read that much Conan. It’s still awesome though.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand