Advertisement

Conan The Barbarian #3 (I'll sail with you Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Conan The Barbarian #3 (I'll sail with you Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Another very good issue of Conan, and I was surprised that it was so good considering there was no action. Well, Conan got some action with Belit, but you know what I’m talking about. That sex-scene was very well done, it was sexual without being sleazy, perhaps because it was drawn by a female artist it felt a bit less exploitative as most comic-book sex-scenes? I dunno, but it was good. Cloonan really is brilliant on this book, there’s the aforementioned sex stuff, but the flash-back with Conan hunting in the Cimmerian Mountains was also excellent, as was everything else. It’s a shame she’s gone for the next 3 issues, I’m not familiar with fill-in artist James Harren, what’s he like? I was confused by the final scene, was Conan seeing visions of the future? If so, what was with the shot of him in what looked like a French Foreign Legion Uniform? I’m not particularly well-versed in the Hyborean Age, but I’m pretty sure there isn’t a society with clothes like that!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand