Monday, May 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Confirmed DC Cancellations: Vibe, Katana, Green Team

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Yeah but this is Vibe we're talking about.

People who didn't like Vibe before actually DO like the current ersatz Vibe. Reputations CAN improve.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Herald wrote:
People who didn't like Vibe before actually DO like the current ersatz Vibe. Reputations CAN improve.

I enjoyed the Detroit League for about a minute. It was an attempt to shake things up...but as ill-conceived as Robinson's faux League. The originals Vibe was nothing but a ridiculous stereotype dreamed up by writers desperately trying to be relevant, nothing more.

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:35 pm

alaska1125 wrote:I enjoyed the Detroit League for about a minute. It was an attempt to shake things up...but as ill-conceived as Robinson's faux League.

Nah. Gerry Conway actually knows how to write established characters as well as create new ones, which helped make the Detroit League readable, if not enjoyable. On the other hand, "JUSTICE!" Robinson is only good at writing new/underused characters, and tries to write established characters the way he wants rather than anything resembling their established personalities. Thus, his run was total crap.

The originals Vibe was nothing but a ridiculous stereotype dreamed up by writers desperately trying to be relevant, nothing more.

Like I said earlier, Vibe's Obfuscating Stupidity tactic worked all too well on many readers... :smt102

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:47 pm

alaska1125 wrote:I enjoyed the Detroit League for about a minute. It was an attempt to shake things up...but as ill-conceived as Robinson's faux League. The originals Vibe was nothing but a ridiculous stereotype dreamed up by writers desperately trying to be relevant, nothing more.

Like Herald and myself have said, that was only for the first story arc or so. After that Conway quickly broadened the character. Don't judge Vibe's total history from what he was at the beginning.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Readers could still smell the taint on Vibe.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Like Herald and myself have said, that was only for the first story arc or so. After that Conway quickly broadened the character. Don't judge Vibe's total history from what he was at the beginning.

I read the entire Detroit run. I didn't shed a tear when he met his seriously lame end at the hands of Ivo. You've convinced yourselves that it was a great run when to me, it only got halfway decent when Batman showed in the double-sized issue about, what, midway through? I can only think fondly about it in a nostalgic sense...And even then, it's misplaced.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:09 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
I read the entire Detroit run. I didn't shed a tear when he met his seriously lame end at the hands of Ivo. You've convinced yourselves that it was a great run when to me, it only got halfway decent when Batman showed in the double-sized issue about, what, midway through? I can only think fondly about it in a nostalgic sense...And even then, it's misplaced.

Where the hell have I typed, "it was a great run?" :?

It think it was underrated and good for it's time. I'm not putting up with some of the best runs in comics history though. Don't put words in my mouth.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:27 pm

OH SNAP.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Like I said before everyone has their own favorite characters or series, regardless of whether or not the character or series is popular. For example, I am not a fan of Vibe myself-and that has nothing to do with his ethnicity or how he has been written as I just never gravitated towards the character at all. However I can respect that Herald and some others may like Vibe themselves so they should a right to defend the character if they choose.

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Stephen Day wrote:

Agreed.

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Draco x wrote:Like I said before everyone has their own favorite characters or series, regardless of whether or not the character or series is popular. For example, I am not a fan of Vibe myself-and that has nothing to do with his ethnicity or how he has been written as I just never gravitated towards the character at all. However I can respect that Herald and some others may like Vibe themselves so they should a right to defend the character if they choose.

Thanks, Draco. :-D

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Herald wrote:
Thanks, Draco. :-D

No problem. I expect the "I'm Another You" responses after this.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:47 am

:roll:

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:12 pm

We're talking about Vibe but no one seems to be worried about Katana... or the Green Team.

Chessack

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Chessack » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 pm

You mean worried about them being "tainted" by the cancellation?

I think they will be. Katana for sure. At least from the company's perspective.

leave a comment with facebook