Advertisement

Cuckold Husbands To Get Revenge As Marvel Announces New Female Thor on The View

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Re: Cuckold Husbands To Get Revenge As Marvel Announces New

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:54 am

I've long hated the way Marvel handles their lead characters in between movies, where they either kill them or replace them until their next movie comes out, but WTF can you even do about it? They obviously think it's the most clever fucking thing ever, so they keep right on doing it and doing it and doing it.

What makes me sad is that what Aaron's done with Young Thor, Thor the Avenger and Old King Thor was effing amazing. It was such a fun read, such a great read.

I don't have anything against this new, female Thor. It's not my company, and it's not my character.

But fuck, Marvel. It's bad enough that DC can't do hardly anything right. It's worse when a company doesn't even recognize when it is doing something really well and they just want to change it, just for the fuck of it.

Now, Thor Odinson doesn't have a book of his own anymore. WTF, Marvel. In a world where Batman has 26 books and Wolverine has 50, Marvel has decided that Thor Odinson doesn't need ONE. WTF.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

HNutz likes this post.

Advertisement

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 am

what I never understood even with Eric holding the hammer that Thor is not a title or a disguise it's the guy's real name Thor is the son of Odin. if you give somebody my clothes my car in my house that doesn't make him me just some guy who has all my stuff. You can put a new guy in the iron man suit & its still iron man but you wouldn't call him Tony Stark

2 people like this post.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby misac » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Boooo! I hate that they're taking that artist off Cyclops! :x

Femlae Thor's ok, I've really liked Aaron's Thor so I'll try it. :smt102

HNutz likes this post.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby misac » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Another pic by Kris Anka.

OneWhoIsAll likes this post.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 720 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Bianco wrote:what I never understood even with Eric holding the hammer that Thor is not a title or a disguise it's the guy's real name Thor is the son of Odin. if you give somebody my clothes my car in my house that doesn't make him me just some guy who has all my stuff. You can put a new guy in the iron man suit & its still iron man but you wouldn't call him Tony Stark

Good point.

If someone (usually of a different race or gender) jacks all of Bianco's stuff, he's not Bianco.

Just because Valkyrie or Angela or whomever gets Mjolnir and wields "the power of Thor", that doesn't actually MAKE her Thor. "Thor" isn't a secret identity, a superhero name or anything like that. That's who he is.

But whatever.

Announcing a new book with "Lady with Thor's powers" doesn't exactly get you that sweet, sweet airtime on "The View"...

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Now, Thor Odinson doesn't have a book of his own anymore. WTF, Marvel. In a world where Batman has 26 books and Wolverine has 50, Marvel has decided that Thor Odinson doesn't need ONE. WTF.

Well, the Odinson's not going to stop existing... he's been seen in solicits with a giant axe... maybe there will be 2 books? Or, more likely, he'll be the "Thor" that appears in Avengers?

Wait.

Donald Blake, Jake Olsen, etc. get the ability to turn into Thor and they turn into the blonde dude we know. So, if a lady gets Mjolnir, wouldn't she turn into the blonde dude, too?
Last edited by HNutz on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bianco likes this post.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Of course Thor might have finally got that operation Tony Stark is a sexy beast :)

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 670 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:23 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:Image

Or

Wow... Eric Masterson's had a sex change... or daughter. :roll:

Jason Aaron wrote:“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Wil Moss wrote:“The new Thor continues Marvel’s proud tradition of strong female characters

… being a female version of male characters.

3 people like this post.

Tiffany Ann Adkins
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 201 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Cuckold Husbands To Get Revenge As Marvel Announces New Female Thor on The View

Postby Tiffany Ann Adkins » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Tiffany Ann Adkins wrote:

How about making a Static Shock movie?

Well knowing them they will be all like yaaay new thor movie.

SporkBot
cheese

Liked in: 285 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:30 pm

And this new Thor isn’t a temporary female substitute – she’s now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!”

Until fan outcry and poor sales result in a story that brings back man-Thor.

Look, I'm all for diversity, but Thor has never been what I'd call a "legacy" character. His name is Thor. He's supposed to be Thor of Norse legend. Have a woman with Thor's power, fine (Wonder Woman wielded Mjolnir for a spell, "He" inscription and all). But this is like killing Bruce Wayne, replacing him with Helena Bertinelli, and saying "She's the new Bruce Wayne!"

But hey, I get it. Diversify the characters. Add in more prominent female characters. But getting rid of man-Thor, and replacing him with She-Thor sounds like the worst case scenario of stereotypical, misandrous feminists taking over comics (anyone know the episode of "That 70's Show" where Eric tried directing a nativity play, but everyone kept inserting ridiculous ideas? Remember the fantasy sequence where he imagined Donna referring to Jesus as a girl? Yeah...).

The irony is so thick it'd make the people at Slim*Fast shudder. It sounds so ludicrous that I find it hard to believe this is supposed to be an actual announcement.

And why the Hell are comics being discussed on The View, anyway? IT'S THE VIEW!!!

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 720 posts

Re: RE: Cuckold Husbands To Get Revenge As Marvel Announces

Postby HNutz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 pm

FBtron wrote:How about making a Static Shock movie?

Because, when it comes to Milestone/DC properties, Marvel's the one to talk to? :smt017 :smt102

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:36 pm

SporkBot wrote:And why the Hell are comics being discussed on The View, anyway? IT'S THE VIEW!!!

Sorry they replaced the talk you usually watch with this comic stuff.

Belle-Tain Summer
Opera Singer

Liked in: 51 posts

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Now taking bets, who'll be back first Male!Thor or Wolverine? Round and around the merry-go-round of gimmick comic casting goes.

HNutz likes this post.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 423 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:49 pm

SporkBot wrote:And why the Hell are comics being discussed on The View, anyway? IT'S THE VIEW!!!

It's a "bold new take on a hero" from a female point of VIEW !
Duun duun duuuunn ! :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

HNutz likes this post.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 712 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:01 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:Image

Or

Wow... Eric Masterson's had a sex change... or daughter. :roll:
Or Earth X is now?