Wednesday, September 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Dammit Bendis!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 pm

...you just couldn't let me keep hating your writing, could you? :smt013

I picked up Uncanny X-Men #1 on Comixology, just out of curiosity more than anything else. And I have to say: for the first time ever, I enjoyed Bendis' writing. So much in fact, that I've added his two X-books to my pull. Bendis and the X-Men: two things I haven't historically enjoyed getting together to make something great. Who knew?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm

I haven't read Uncanny yet, but man, All New X-Men is incredible.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm

On a side note, my DC pull now comprises six titles (plus I, Vampire which is about to end), while my Marvel one numbers fourteen.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I haven't read Uncanny yet, but man, All New X-Men is incredible.

The big idea it sets up is fantastic. I mean, I can understand why Cyclops fans are pissed with what Marvel has done to the character, but I'm not at all.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 pm

You never read Sam & Twitch or Powers v1?

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 pm

nietoperz wrote:
The big idea it sets up is fantastic. I mean, I can understand why Cyclops fans are pissed with what Marvel has done to the character, but I'm not at all.

AvX was horrible and nonsensical. Bendis is doing a great job with Cyclops despite that, not because of it.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I haven't read Uncanny yet, but man, All New X-Men is incredible.

this.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 pm

I have HATED Bendis on just about everything I ever read him on and I haveta say that I agree about his X-men so far.
It's been surprisingly good.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 pm

habitual wrote:You never read Sam & Twitch or Powers v1?

Hab

Never the former, no, but Powers kind of left me cold. I didn't hate it the way I have his Marvel work, but it never grabbed me.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 pm

One of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 pm

nietoperz wrote:
Never the former, no, but Powers kind of left me cold. I didn't hate it the way I have his Marvel work, but it never grabbed me.

I would highly recommend Sam & Twitch, it really plays to his strengths as a writer.

Hab

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Punchy wrote:One of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us.

It's certainly starting to feel that way. last time I had X-Men on my pull list, Grant Morrison was writing it.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:17 pm

nietoperz wrote:

Sam and Twitch is really good. See if CX has an issue and pull it down.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Marvel have had a pretty strong creative direction lately. It feels like it's being run competently by people with some clever ideas who roughly know what they're doing. Contrast with DC, which feels like they're just throwing shit at a wall. Even if some of it sticks, it's still just shit on a wall: exactly as bad as shit that isn't on a wall only now you have to clean the wall, as well (what a stupid expression that is!)

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:49 pm

habitual wrote:
I would highly recommend Sam & Twitch, it really plays to his strengths as a writer.

Hab

The first arc is amazing!

They released a black & white trade at one point, but it's beautiful in color, too.

leave a comment with facebook