Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Damn it DC! They Did It To Power Girl!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:53 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Are you referring to the Newsarama article from this week? If so, Levitz implies nothing of the sort.
That was Newsarama that made that assumption when they described the cover.
Not to mention that Powergirl has been shown a few times in Futures End, most recently one week ago in #15 !


Sooth my anger and post those pics please...

Levitz BTW while he won't talk about whether PG lives or dies, does reveal who created her:

Gerry Conway, Joe Orlando, (initial design), Ric Estrada, (most of the pencils), Joe Staton, and Wally Wood, (who evidently had very little to do with it).

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:10 pm

achilles wrote:
Sooth my anger and post those pics please...

Levitz BTW while he won't talk about whether PG lives or dies, does reveal who created her:

Gerry Conway, Joe Orlando, (initial design), Ric Estrada, (most of the pencils), Joe Staton, and Wally Wood, (who evidently had very little to do with it).


He messed with her costume design. Basically, simplified it over time while messing with the editors. *

Joe Staton went further with the design.

* - Remember the big "article" I wrote in the old PG thread at the oldRama?

What's funny, is it was really Bart Sears who gave PG the huge chest. Ric Estrada and Wally both drew her the same way they did all other women. Well... Wally... recall that * I mentioned. :wink:
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:21 pm

achilles wrote:Sooth my anger and post those pics please...


You want to see the pics, feel free to go buy the issues or look at them in a comic shop :lol:
Most recent was issue #15, page 14.

In the meantime, here is a scan from issue #9, pages 5-6

Image
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:18 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
You want to see the pics, feel free to go buy the issues or look at them in a comic shop :lol:
Most recent was issue #15, page 14.

In the meantime, here is a scan from issue #9, pages 5-6

Image


At this point, buying that comic would leave me totally confused. Also, due to severe budget constraints due to unforeseen medical issues, I just can't afford it. Thanks for the scan though. I don't get the context since I haven't read any of the issues, but it does seem that Kara PG is in a cell.
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:24 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:
He messed with her costume design. Basically, simplified it over time while messing with the editors. *

Joe Staton went further with the design.

* - Remember the big "article" I wrote in the old PG thread at the oldRama?

What's funny, is it was really Bart Sears who gave PG the huge chest. Ric Estrada and Wally both drew her the same way they did all other women. Well... Wally... recall that * I mentioned. :wink:


Well, what I said was what Levitz and Staton said. Woods seemed to have much less to do with it than legend has it. IIRC, he was only on All-Star for a few issues.

Essentially, it boils down to the real credit for creating Power Girl going to Conway, Orlando, and Estrada. And yeah, Sears gets credit for the size change... :wink: Not only BTW with breast size, but just her overall size and height, later echoed by Amanda Connor and others.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Sometime in the near future Earth 2 is ravaged by a new war with Apokolips so the survivors flee to the main Earth. Something then happens. Not sure if they are treated as invaders or what but they are all rounded up and interned.
The Earth 2 meta-humans are secretly being held on Cadmus Island although the rest of the world doesn't know about this.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:51 pm

achilles wrote:
Well, what I said was what Levitz and Staton said. Woods seemed to have much less to do with it than legend has it. IIRC, he was only on All-Star for a few issues.

Essentially, it boils down to the real credit for creating Power Girl going to Conway, Orlando, and Estrada. And yeah, Sears gets credit for the size change... :wink: Not only BTW with breast size, but just her overall size and height, later echoed by Amanda Connor and others.



Well, it is true, given that Staton penciled while Wood only embellished over Estrada and then Giffen. Staton is no more a creator of Power Girl then Giffen or Wood. Wood only did what he did on All-Star as he committed suicide.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Powergirl appears in several pages of this weeks issue #17, as well as next weeks #18 according to the preview page.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Draco x, Google [Bot], Rebirth NoctourneM and 47 guests