Advertisement

Dan Jurgens Talks Plans For "Firestorm"

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: Dan Jurgens Talks Plans For

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:54 pm

It's amazing to me that DC keeps trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to Firestorm. I'm all for keeping things fresh, but this really shouldn't be rocket science. A character who's cool in concept, distinct/striking visuals, great power set...stop over thinking it already!

Advertisement

Anti-Life Mike
SUSHI FISH

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Destroyer of Worlds
Formerly: Nobody

Postby Anti-Life Mike » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 pm

alaska1125 wrote:It's amazing to me that DC keeps trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to Firestorm. I'm all for keeping things fresh, but this really shouldn't be rocket science. A character who's cool in concept, distinct/striking visuals, great power set...stop over thinking it already!

Yeah, maybe they could modify the costume slightly (if need be) and make it just Ronnie again, with Jason serving as a backup buddy... (kind of like Jaime Reyes and Paco in the Blue Beetle mythos).

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Ask Conway to do a mini with him.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Anti-Life Mike wrote:Yeah, maybe they could modify the costume slightly (if need be) and make it just Ronnie again, with Jason serving as a backup buddy... (kind of like Jaime Reyes and Paco in the Blue Beetle mythos).

That's exactly what Jurgens is doing. Firestorm is returning to the classic red-n-yellow outfit with some modifications. At the reboot Ronnie and Jason wound up splitting the powers: Ronnie was the atomic flame power Firestorm, Jason the transmutation Firestorm. Now when they merge to become one single Firestorm, so far, it looks like Ronnie as Firestorm and Jason as the floating head advisor.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:36 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
That's exactly what Jurgens is doing. Firestorm is returning to the classic red-n-yellow outfit with some modifications. At the reboot Ronnie and Jason wound up splitting the powers: Ronnie was the atomic flame power Firestorm, Jason the transmutation Firestorm. Now when they merge to become one single Firestorm, so far, it looks like Ronnie as Firestorm and Jason as the floating head advisor.

I think that's the problem. It's a bit too garish for this day and age.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 pm

No I'd say editorial is the problem. They've messed him up but good. What jurgens is planning should have been there from the start.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:They should definitely bring him back, the subs were one of the best things about the Legion.

Maybe Grant Morrison could completely revamp The Green Team all over again, but make them multi-billionaires who own wind farms and solar panel manufacturing plants (that don't go under and take millions of tax-payer dollars with them, like they do in real life).

And, of course, Abdul. The jerk! :x

I find it hilarious that DC has now announced they are going to follow through with my recommendation, except with Baltazar and Franco. :smt005

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
I find it hilarious that DC has now announced they are going to follow through with my recommendation, except with Baltazar and Franco. :smt005

Sorry, Squid, but this is yet another idea that Dan and the Gang stole from ME! I came up with the notion to revive this team years ago!

All part of their love-hate feelings towards ol' Herald! 8)

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand