Friday, December 9, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Dan Jurgens Talks Plans For "Firestorm"

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:54 pm

It's amazing to me that DC keeps trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to Firestorm. I'm all for keeping things fresh, but this really shouldn't be rocket science. A character who's cool in concept, distinct/striking visuals, great power set...stop over thinking it already!

Anti-Life Mike

SUSHI FISH

Postby Anti-Life Mike » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 pm

alaska1125 wrote:It's amazing to me that DC keeps trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to Firestorm. I'm all for keeping things fresh, but this really shouldn't be rocket science. A character who's cool in concept, distinct/striking visuals, great power set...stop over thinking it already!

Yeah, maybe they could modify the costume slightly (if need be) and make it just Ronnie again, with Jason serving as a backup buddy... (kind of like Jaime Reyes and Paco in the Blue Beetle mythos).

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Ask Conway to do a mini with him.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Anti-Life Mike wrote:Yeah, maybe they could modify the costume slightly (if need be) and make it just Ronnie again, with Jason serving as a backup buddy... (kind of like Jaime Reyes and Paco in the Blue Beetle mythos).

That's exactly what Jurgens is doing. Firestorm is returning to the classic red-n-yellow outfit with some modifications. At the reboot Ronnie and Jason wound up splitting the powers: Ronnie was the atomic flame power Firestorm, Jason the transmutation Firestorm. Now when they merge to become one single Firestorm, so far, it looks like Ronnie as Firestorm and Jason as the floating head advisor.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:36 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
That's exactly what Jurgens is doing. Firestorm is returning to the classic red-n-yellow outfit with some modifications. At the reboot Ronnie and Jason wound up splitting the powers: Ronnie was the atomic flame power Firestorm, Jason the transmutation Firestorm. Now when they merge to become one single Firestorm, so far, it looks like Ronnie as Firestorm and Jason as the floating head advisor.

I think that's the problem. It's a bit too garish for this day and age.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 pm

No I'd say editorial is the problem. They've messed him up but good. What jurgens is planning should have been there from the start.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:They should definitely bring him back, the subs were one of the best things about the Legion.

Maybe Grant Morrison could completely revamp The Green Team all over again, but make them multi-billionaires who own wind farms and solar panel manufacturing plants (that don't go under and take millions of tax-payer dollars with them, like they do in real life).

And, of course, Abdul. The jerk! :x

I find it hilarious that DC has now announced they are going to follow through with my recommendation, except with Baltazar and Franco. :smt005

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
I find it hilarious that DC has now announced they are going to follow through with my recommendation, except with Baltazar and Franco. :smt005

Sorry, Squid, but this is yet another idea that Dan and the Gang stole from ME! I came up with the notion to revive this team years ago!

All part of their love-hate feelings towards ol' Herald! 8)

leave a comment with facebook