Advertisement

Dan Slott MAYBE Knows Nothing About the Hobgoblin

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: not here

Re: Dan Slott Continues to Know Nothing About the Hobgoblin

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:48 am

Doozer wrote:

Spiderman: Big Tits.

Fuck you, Slott, 5% to me and Hawk.

Here's the whole story:

The Spider-Buggy's gone rogue and tries to attack Spider-Man after he has a battle with some villain. Spidey beats it but notices a man in a swimsuit running away from the scene. Over in DC Atlantis, Aquaman gets attacked by marine animals wearing rabbit ear mind-controling devices. He defeats them and finds out about Spidey's problems so he heads to New Year City. They compare notes until a pair of big-ass tits on wheels with machine guns and catapults and mace shows up.

Next issue, Spidey and Aquay batle the big tits. They struggle but Spidey makes a slingshot with his webbing and send him and Aquay into the middle of the big tits. They discover Big Wheel and White Rabbit controlling and beat up Big Wheel. End issue.

Next Watchmen right there.

Advertisement

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 am

Doozer wrote:BeeTeeDub, I really hope people keep stealing my post as their own, it's worth repeating.

Zechs has trouble reading non-drunk posts. That's why you have to post it a couple of times in a couple of different ways. :lol:

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 683 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Zechs wrote:I cannot think

This sums it up well.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 249 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Dan Slott wrote:I'm sorry. But at this point you should retitle the thread Zechs continues to know nothing of the current comic book market. :wink:

Marvel's first and second selling titles ARE Spider-Man titles. (They also happen to have Wolverine in them as well). :) And they're called AVENGERS and NEW AVENGERS.
Those two titles are Marvel's perennial best sellers. They're written by Marvel's biggest gun, Brian Michael Bendis. And they regularly chart the course for where the Marvel U. is going. Anyone who's been following the industry for the past half decade who expects ANY other monthly out of Marvel to top that isn't being all that realistic.

That said... Since the start of "Big Time", AMAZING SPIDER-MAN actually HAS charted higher than New Avengers AS Marvel's second best selling book (in November). It was Marvel's 4th best selling book in December. But you should also keep in mind that this ranking is for the book's initial retailer orders in the direct market. The book is actually doing MUCH better than those numbers imply for TWO reasons:

1) Out of all of Marvel's mainstream titles, ASM has the highest SUBSCRIPTIONS (which aren't factored into direct market sales).
2) ALL FIVE of the issues of "Big Time" that have been released so far have SOLD OUT at Diamond and have had to go back to press for 2nd printings. Let me repeat that-- it is FIVE for FIVE for selling out at Diamond. That is a pretty mean feet for ANY book in this industry. And that means that those numbers that you're looking at aren't over yet. The second printing runs STILL haven't been added to the final tallies.

Sorry you don't care for it. But the book is shaping up to be one of Marvel's best selling series and is actually doing VERY well. :D

Alright.. now that I have time for this and not going to bed. Because unlike some people I don't do six hour marathon debates, no matter how tempting it was. This is a rare treat, even for me.

*looks up* Yep that is the actual Dan Slott and not some pale impersonator (though Dan if you do reply I have to ask you: You do post on /co/ don't you? Because there was a moment back then someone posted as you and their prophecy of this arc came to pass. No Betty Brant and no closure appearance of her owning some Hobgoblin ass. Which made me assume what was to come.) I always wondered if that was truly you. Still, I'm very curious what led you to this thread? I mean I'm touched. Actually literally touched. I have to honestly admit my respect for you returns abit because you don't stray or hide like others. You face criticism head on. I like that.

But damn am I disappointed you didn't touch on what I really really wanted to talk about above in your post. I mean that above was just a minor issue to me. I didn't even consider talking about the issue until pressed. And what the hell, I bit never in my imagination thinking you actually come. But you did and posted so eloquently, that I'll give you that. No bets, no retort, I'll give you that win. But also because that wasn't the point of this thread.

No, what this thread is about to me was and always is for me always boils down to the one question I have for you. THE QUESTION. You don't have to answer it via here, you can always PM me. And if you do, I will truthfully keep quiet the entire conversation. Even more I give you my word I will be utterly quiet on this particular subject for good and instead just continue with insane theories with others on CBR. And if you don't believe me I am a man of my word. This very arc is proof of that since I actually went and buyed a Spider-Man comic something I promised would only happen if Kingsley was brought back. If you PM me, I'll keep secret whatever you tell me. I think you know quite easily what the question I have, given the very name of this thread.

Why did you kill Roderick Kingsley the original Hobgoblin? You stated before in that interview in my very first post that the book was closed on him. It was, I give you that. What Roger Stern and Glenn Greenburg wrote was a fitting end to the character. Yet, you yourself reopened and then quickly reclosed the book, why? What purpose was there for that other than to be a shock moment?

To me it felt aw come on, "what was the point then in bringing him back in the first place?" Other fans share these exact same thoughts. You know this, no doubt in that Hobgoblin thread at CBR and the very Amazing Spidey bullpen with a similar fan had the same interests as my own.

Yet I just want the answer to this question that boggles me. It's the entire point of my meddling to get your attention and get this answer that I hunger above all else answered. If you do answer this. No more, I keep quiet. One less spurned fanboy to deal with.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

sdsichero

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:15 pm

sdsichero wrote::roll:

You're just jealous you've been knocked off to #2. :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Zechs wrote:
You're just jealous you've been knocked off to #2. :P

I need a more worthy opponent anyway.

With you, it's child's play.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I need a more worthy opponent anyway.

With you, it's child's play.

RIGHT... You enjoy it.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 486 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Sure Spider-man is selling well on the heels of a new event for the title and what basically amounts to a new creative team, this always happens.

The first issue of Big Time I liked a lot, I liked where they were going with it. But then it kept going and just got worse. I'm not out to insult anyone, but this is not a title that I would consider good at the moment. If these numbers persist through March or April then maybe that will say something.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Zechs wrote:
RIGHT... You enjoy it.

Defeating you is easy as beheading Kingsley.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Zechs wrote:

Alright.. now that I have time for this and not going to bed. Because unlike some people I don't do six hour marathon debates, no matter how tempting it was. This is a rare treat, even for me.

*looks up* Yep that is the actual Dan Slott and not some pale impersonator (though Dan if you do reply I have to ask you: You do post on /co/ don't you? Because there was a moment back then someone posted as you and their prophecy of this arc came to pass. No Betty Brant and no closure appearance of her owning some Hobgoblin ass. Which made me assume what was to come.) I always wondered if that was truly you. Still, I'm very curious what led you to this thread? I mean I'm touched. Actually literally touched. I have to honestly admit my respect for you returns abit because you don't stray or hide like others. You face criticism head on. I like that.

But damn am I disappointed you didn't touch on what I really really wanted to talk about above in your post. I mean that above was just a minor issue to me. I didn't even consider talking about the issue until pressed. And what the hell, I bit never in my imagination thinking you actually come. But you did and posted so eloquently, that I'll give you that. No bets, no retort, I'll give you that win. But also because that wasn't the point of this thread.

No, what this thread is about to me was and always is for me always boils down to the one question I have for you. THE QUESTION. You don't have to answer it via here, you can always PM me. And if you do, I will truthfully keep quiet the entire conversation.

Mr. Slott, you could probably PM him this with full confidence he'd never be able to tell anyone. Hell, even if he tried, no one would understand what he was saying. :P

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 262 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:27 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:Mr. Slott, you could probably PM him this with full confidence he'd never be able to tell anyone. Hell, even if he tried, no one would understand what he was saying. :P

Pretty much like now :X

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Pretty much like now :X

I know, right? :lol:

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:31 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:I know, right? :lol:

:smt011

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 pm

(Intercepted Slott's PM)

Zechs,
I killed Kingsley 'cause he was lame. Put him out of his misery.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand