Advertisement

Dan Slott MAYBE Knows Nothing About the Hobgoblin

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Re: Dan Slott MAYBE Knows Nothing About the Hobgoblin

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:55 am

avengingtitan wrote:Image

Good times.

Not as good as this however.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 406 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:04 pm

draco x wrote:
Not as good as this however.

:smt102 Still has his head

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
From ECCC

I theorize this has a lot to do with the Goblin Cult Dealing with the fall of Norman Osborn again. Perhaps it will have Phil 'Dipshit' Urich become involved with the cult to try and take on the Kingpin with his idiot girlfriend Norah becoming Goblin Girl-ok, I made up that last part.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:08 pm

sdsichero wrote:
:smt102 Still has his head

Funny but I could have sworn when Rand dropped that car on Phil that his head rolled off. I guess Norah must have sown it back on when she got dumped and needed a boyfriend.
Last edited by Draco x on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Zechs wrote:
He's coming back!! With a head!!!

And who said he ever lost it. If Kingsley does show up alive hopefully, I want to see the reactions on the Phil fan's faces.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:28 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I heard they found it behind an Ihop.

But yet, there were no reports of the body being discovered in the news interestingly enough. Remember when Kingsley was first captured and unmasked how that made the front headlines-just like when the Green Goblin helped to bust him out of jail how that made the front headlines as well-so how is it that Kingsley's supposed death hasn't been in the headlines yet?
Plus, where was the reaction from Betty Brant, Flash Thompson, Sha Shan, Liz, Harry, Mary Jane, J Johan Jameson and Norman given the fact that they have all been terrorized by Kingsley as the Hobgoblin? Did they all go out for drinks or throw a celebration party when they heard the news? Also, where was his brother Daniel? And like I said before, I find it odd that the Kingpin would just take Phil's word that Kingsley is dead without seeing a body given the fact he knows that Kingsley has faked his death before. Perhaps nobody truly believes that Kingsley is really dead and that there really is no body. Either Slott is a bad writer or maybe he deliberately set all these coincidences up for a purpose.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 129 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 am

draco x wrote:
But yet, there were no reports of the body being discovered in the news interestingly enough. Remember when Kingsley was first captured and unmasked how that made the front headlines-just like when the Green Goblin helped to bust him out of jail how that made the front headlines as well-so how is it that Kingsley's supposed death hasn't been in the headlines yet?
Plus, where was the reaction from Betty Brant, Flash Thompson, Sha Shan, Liz, Harry, Mary Jane, J Johan Jameson and Norman given the fact that they have all been terrorized by Kingsley as the Hobgoblin? Did they all go out for drinks or throw a celebration party when they heard the news? Also, where was his brother Daniel? And like I said before, I find it odd that the Kingpin would just take Phil's word that Kingsley is dead without seeing a body given the fact he knows that Kingsley has faked his death before. Perhaps nobody truly believes that Kingsley is really dead and that there really is no body. Either Slott is a bad writer or maybe he deliberately set all these coincidences up for a purpose.

The only reasons Slott did as such wasn't for him being a bad writer. It's more to do his own thing or have another bring back Kingsley if he doesn't do it. That's why he left so much room for an out.

Regardless, I continue on with the theory that Slott will use Kingsley. My gut is now telling me given all the reinterpretations of the old that Slott has used with his Hobgoblin Saga. All that's really missing well.. we shall see.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 am

If he does bring him back there's only one conclusion: gang war.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:50 am

Zechs wrote:
The only reasons Slott did as such wasn't for him being a bad writer. It's more to do his own thing or have another bring back Kingsley if he doesn't do it. That's why he left so much room for an out.

Regardless, I continue on with the theory that Slott will use Kingsley. My gut is now telling me given all the reinterpretations of the old that Slott has used with his Hobgoblin Saga. All that's really missing well.. we shall see.

Agreed. I do theorize that the Kingpin and the Goblin Cult will be involved in this story in a big way.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:51 am

fieldy snuts wrote:If he does bring him back there's only one conclusion: gang war.

Exactly. It will probably involve the Goblin Gang taking on the Kingpin's forces to gain control of New York.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Does anyone think it would be interesting if Kingsley appeared in the Venom books as Flash's main enemy due to the fact that they have plenty of history together? Plus given the fact that Crime Master is dead and Jack O Lantern is in the big house, Kingsley could easily be Flash's own version of Norman.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:18 pm

draco x wrote:Does anyone think it would be interesting if Kingsley appeared in the Venom books as Flash's main enemy due to the fact that they have plenty of history together? Plus given the fact that Crime Master is dead and Jack O Lantern is in the big house, Kingsley could easily be Flash's own version of Norman.

That does make sense and it would not feel like a shoehorned villain.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:40 pm

bkthomson wrote:
That does make sense and it would not feel like a shoehorned villain.

Exactly. I don't see them blaming all the problems in Flash's life on Kingsley like they did with Norman when he came back in the 90s. Plus we never did get Betty Brant's reaction to the fact that the guy who set up her husband to get his throat cut was back on the scene during Danger Zone. It would be a good way to have both Betty and Flash work together to take down the guy turned their lives upside down in the past.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 pm

draco x wrote:
Exactly. I don't see them blaming all the problems in Flash's life on Kingsley like they did with Norman when he came back in the 90s. Plus we never did get Betty Brant's reaction to the fact that the guy who set up her husband to get his throat cut was back on the scene during Danger Zone. It would be a good way to have both Betty and Flash work together to take down the guy turned their lives upside down in the past.

Again, I agree.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 406 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:27 pm

bkthomson wrote:Again, I agree.

You are sick.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand