Advertisement

Daredevil #16 (I called it Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Daredevil #16 (I called it Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:41 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:Pretty sure everyone knew this was going to happen sooner or later, Not necessarily this exact thing, but something of this nature. There was far too much foreshadowing of it in the book to ignore it. :smt102

Read this thread:

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-news-stand/review-group-week-284-daredevil-t68198.html?hilit=paolo%20rivera&start=25

I was predicting this before I even read #1!

Advertisement

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:44 am

So. Just read the 10.1 issue -- I like starting with those Point One issues. I find them to be very useful.

Enjoyed that VERY, VERY much.

I couldn't even remember the last time I had seen the Secret Empire! Tremendous. :-D :-D

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:50 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:So. Just read the 10.1 issue -- I like starting with those Point One issues. I find them to be very useful.

Enjoyed that VERY, VERY much.

I couldn't even remember the last time I had seen the Secret Empire! Tremendous. :-D :-D

The Secret Empire are actually a pretty big part of this run.

Oh, you'll also need to download Avenging Spider-Man #6 and Punisher #10, which are the other 2 parts of the 'Omega Effect' crossover the book had a few months back.

Oh yeah, and Amazing Spider-Man #677 which continues the Black Cat story from Daredevil #8

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Punchy wrote:
The Secret Empire are actually a pretty big part of this run.

Oh, you'll also need to download Avenging Spider-Man #6 and Punisher #10, which are the other 2 parts of the 'Omega Effect' crossover the book had a few months back.

Oh yeah, and Amazing Spider-Man #677 which continues the Black Cat story from Daredevil #8

Thanks for the heads-up! Will do.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:41 pm

let’s get back to the bulk of this issue, which was a very interesting ‘fantastic voyage’ inside of Daredevil’s brain. It’s always good when Hank Pym goes inside of someone

Wouldn't be the first time

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Just to chime in here, I'll back the choir of supporters. This is a book that you really should be reading if you love comics as much as I know you do. There is more going on here than " batshit crazy Matt Murdock". Yeah, this issue was a shocker, but I'm all in to find out where this is headed. The last few issues dealing with Matt in Latveria were some of the best books I've read in a while.

P.S. The art? OMG! That's at least 60% of why I buy this.
Last edited by alaska1125 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Outhouse Rules for comics:
when DC makes a hero act dark and villainous they're raping fans.

when Marvel does the same thing it's cool and a "must read".

:lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:50 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Outhouse Rules for comics:
when DC makes a hero act dark and villainous they're raping fans.

when Marvel does the same thing it's cool and a "must read".

:lol:

Until the day Marvel cuts off Daredevil's left arm and gives him a bionic replacement so he can use a dead cat as a weapon, you just save your sarcasm, mister! :smt013 :smt013

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:11 pm

How about Nathan Summers using a female baby as a shield ? Meeeeooow :twisted:

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:24 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:How about Nathan Summers using a female baby as a shield ? Meeeeooow :twisted:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

That image has NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, failed to make me LMAO.

alaska1125
dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:50 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

That image has NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, failed to make me LMAO.

Even better? They made that image into an action figure. :-D

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:57 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Even better? They made that image into an action figure. :-D

WAIT, WHAT?!?!?!?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

alaska1125
dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:26 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
WAIT, WHAT?!?!?!?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

No lie.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:46 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
No lie.

OMFG. :-D :-D :-D

Had I known that existed, I would have bought that on the day of release. :-D :-D

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Mabe I'm in denial too, but Matt didn't exactly fess up that the 'stuff in the drawer' was his, did he?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand