Advertisement

Daredevil #16 (I called it Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Re: Daredevil #16 (I called it Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Amoebas wrote:Mabe I'm in denial too, but Matt didn't exactly fess up that the 'stuff in the drawer' was his, did he?

No, and the fact that he didn't is what makes him crazy.

Advertisement

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Punchy wrote:
No, and the fact that he didn't is what makes him crazy.

Maybe, but I just feel like there's more to the story than "crazy Matt Murdoch ". It's entirely possible/probable I'm wrong, but something about it is sitting...off...in my mind.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:07 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Maybe, but I just feel like there's more to the story than "crazy Matt Murdoch ". It's entirely possible/probable I'm wrong, but something about it is sitting...off...in my mind.

So what, a villain planted it?

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Punchy wrote:
So what, a villain planted it?

Yeah, that just feels stupid, I know. I trust Waid, even if it does turn out that Matt's batshit insane, to give us a good story. It just gives me that twitch you feel when something isn't as obvious as it might seem. Like we're missing and/or overlooking a piece of the puzzle.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Punchy wrote:
Everyone else on the board was ignoring what was in the comic. All they noticed were the bright colours and pithy one-liners, me and Foggy, we are visionaries!

:smt102

Solicitations were hinting at stuff might be going on.. "Meanwhile, Foggy uncovers more evidence that Matt’s not quite the man he seems." "Nelson/Murdock no more! Foggy’s discovered a secret Matt’s been keeping--and he doesn’t take it well!" "And just how sane IS Matt Murdock?" "Matt’s mind unravels as the Coyote creates chaos!"

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:15 pm

I've finished the first issue...wow. I don't know. That backup story...man. Matt feels...wow.

It's not that it's...he's kinda creepy, in a way. I don't know. It was borderline creepy, reading that backup. Maybe that's because I'm reading it through the prism of knowing that Matt Murdock had some issues, but man...something about that backup creeped me out.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:28 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:I've finished the first issue...wow. I don't know. That backup story...man. Matt feels...wow.

It's not that it's...he's kinda creepy, in a way. I don't know. It was borderline creepy, reading that backup. Maybe that's because I'm reading it through the prism of knowing that Matt Murdock had some issues, but man...something about that backup creeped me out.

Remind me...is that the back-up where he explains his newfound look on life? I can see a bit of a creep factor in hindsight, but the art, honestly, just swept me away.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:37 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Remind me...is that the back-up where he explains his newfound look on life? I can see a bit of a creep factor in hindsight, but the art, honestly, just swept me away.

Yeah, when they were walking around and he was explaining how his powers worked...it was...there was something about when they went to the graveyard where it just felt...creepy. Something about those last four panels, where he acknowledges that he's trying to cope with all the things that have happened and that if he doesn't, he doesn't know if he can stay sane...

That's was kinda creepy to me. The shading they gave Foggy's eyes in that last panel...creepy.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:51 pm

I think Mark Waid always indicated that MM wouldn't be getting off that easily from his baggage. It makes sense, you show someone coping almost too well and overcompensating to hide the inner strain, then you start to show the cracks in the facade.

Also, Foggy looks burned out.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:43 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Yeah, when they were walking around and he was explaining how his powers worked...it was...there was something about when they went to the graveyard where it just felt...creepy. Something about those last four panels, where he acknowledges that he's trying to cope with all the things that have happened and that if he doesn't, he doesn't know if he can stay sane...

That's was kinda creepy to me. The shading they gave Foggy's eyes in that last panel...creepy.

Pretty sure that was the point. Effectively done, no?

Zechs
Staff Writer

Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:09 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
OMFG. :-D :-D :-D

Had I known that existed, I would have bought that on the day of release. :-D :-D

Just to let you know. That is the variant version. It was the regular version, but then somebody got pissed (probably mom's) and Hasbro made that the variant.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Zechs wrote:

Just to let you know. That is the variant version. It was the regular version, but then somebody got pissed (probably mom's) and Hasbro made that the variant.

I want to get that and get Captain America's shield and then super-glue Hope to the front of the shield. :lol:

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Seeing Hank Pym inside Daredevil's head was fun. It's not a new concept of course, but it's one I've always liked.

About Matt's father's remains -- put me in the camp that thinks he's being set up.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand