Advertisement

Daredevil: Dark Nights #2 (Assist from a Leprechaun Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Daredevil: Dark Nights #2 (Assist from a Leprechaun Spoilers

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:15 am

Lee Weeks’ tale of Daredevil’s desperate search for a transplant-heart in a snowstorm continues to be a gripping read. The main star here is of course Weeks’ artwork, which is just beautiful throughout, with some wonderful layouts and techniques used. Weeks is cutting loose here, and he’s doing stuff that can only really be done when the writer and artist are in perfect sync, and since in this case the writer and the artist are the same person, that sync is definitely there.

The story here is also very strong. Yes, it’s fairly simple, as Daredevil makes his way through the storm, but Weeks adds a lot of very interesting details to it. I loved the idea that, because he’s so determined to get to that heart, he has to ignore other crimes that are going on and leave people to bad fates. Daredevil may be a great superhero, but he’s only one man, he can only do one thing at a time. In the end, it’s in attempting to do things that may end being Daredevil’s downfall here. On his way back with the heart, he saves a woman from being assaulted, but, exhausted, he collapses. This allows another wrinkle in Weeks’ story to rear its head. The father of the little girl who needs that heart is a businessman who is owed a favour by none other than the Kingpin, and his goons are sent after Daredevil. It’s actually been a long time since we’ve seen DD go up against his greatest enemy, and although they aren’t interacting directly here, it’s exciting. I also really liked how Weeks’ showed us how the Hospital Staff protected Daredevil’s secret identity, some writers may not have bothered, especially given the nominal nature of that secret, but I thought it was a cool detail.

This is a fun little story, I have no doubts that Daredevil will return the heart safely in the end, but it’s an enjoyable ride. And man, the artwork, Lee Weeks is amazing.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand