Advertisement

Daredevil: Dark Nights #6 (You ever smell the Hulk? Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Daredevil: Dark Nights #6 (You ever smell the Hulk? Spoilers

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:00 am

Jimmy Palmiotti and Thony Silas take over the reigns for the third and final ‘Dark Nights’ story, that takes Daredevil away from Hell’s Kitchen and to the sunnier climes of Miami.

The plot here is pretty simple, Daredevil is travelling to Miami along with a SHIELD agent to protect a witness to a murder. Whilst there, he bumps into Misty Knight at poolside, who is investigating the same crime organisation that the witness is set to testify against. In Miami, the witness is kidnapped by members of The Tarantula gang, the SHIELD agent is killed, and it’s up to Daredevil and Misty to rescue him from Cuba. So, whilst it is basic, Palmiotti makes things very enjoyable, mostly because of the back and forth, flirtatious banter between Matt and Misty. I’m not sure if those two have hooked up before in the comics, but given Daredevil’s man-whore nature, I wouldn’t be surprised, and they make a good fit as a team.

It’s always fun to see Daredevil out of his element, and taking him to Miami works really well, and allows for that flirtatious, sexy feel throughout the whole book. I’m not sure how I feel about the scene where Daredevil shuts up a screaming, naked female bystander by kissing her. On the one hand, it was emblematic of his care-free, jumping into things attitude, but on the other, I’m sure some readers would find it offensive.

Thony Silas’ artwork was very strong, reminding me a bit of Scott McDaniel, but a bit smoother. He also knows how to draw women in bikinis, which for a story set in Miami, is of the utmost importance, I don’t think Misty Knight has ever looked better! This was a fun issue of what looks like being a very enjoyable story, if you’re a fan of Fearless Defenders, check this out, it’s got the best character from that book in it, and it’s not trying nearly as hard.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand