Advertisement

Daredevil #8 (Horndog Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

pat
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Daredevil #8 (Horndog Spoilers)

Postby pat » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:17 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:And of course he doesn't know how to hit on Black Cat - she's usually the aggressor. And it makes sense that she wouldn't want to be his rebound fling.

I took it as her powers were messing with his game a bit too. All seemed fine to me, loved these two issues.

You other people are just whiners.
Frank, sometimes I really wish you didn't beat that cancer.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1168 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:41 am

pat wrote:
I took it as her powers were messing with his game a bit too. All seemed fine to me, loved these two issues.

You other people are just whiners.

Jude Terror likes this post.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:30 am

Dragavon wrote:Really, you wouldn't be pissed at a friend for dating your ex? One that you were currently pursuing?

I would, but Peter Parker wouldn't.

Flash Thompson is dating Betty Brant (or was until the end of Venom #12), and Peter had no problem with that, and he likes Daredevil more than he does Flash. Heck, he cares about Betty more than Black Cat, who is really just a booty call.

Plus, the story showed that Black Cat was deliberately trying to get into DD's pants to get the Omega Drive, there isn't much Peter could do to stop that.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 646 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:17 am

Dragavon wrote: Waid normally writes a good Spidey but this issue and the Amazing Spider-Man issue that preceded it were just character assassination of Spidey to make DD look better in comparison.

I got the impression this whole team-up was all just set-up for the line 'So, this is my super-villain secret origin'.

And if it was - that'll work.

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 am

Rikk Odinson wrote:"My girlfriend dropped me! Black Cat how about some nookie?".... wait a minute. He couldn't even manage to actually say something like that. He just mumbled and stuttered like a douche. Not a man that had a previous relationship with this woman and plenty others.

If he had managed to say that, I'm pretty sure he'd come off as more of a douche...

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 72 posts

Postby Rikk Odinson » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 am

mrorangesoda wrote:
If he had managed to say that, I'm pretty sure he'd come off as more of a douche...

At least he wouldn't have been a pussy-ass douche then. just a douche.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Punchy wrote:
I would, but Peter Parker wouldn't.

Flash Thompson is dating Betty Brant (or was until the end of Venom #12), and Peter had no problem with that, and he likes Daredevil more than he does Flash. Heck, he cares about Betty more than Black Cat, who is really just a booty call.

Plus, the story showed that Black Cat was deliberately trying to get into DD's pants to get the Omega Drive, there isn't much Peter could do to stop that.

And the difference is that Peter is no longer interested in Betty as anything other than a friend. So again, if it was somebody I was pursuing (for whatever reason) and my "friend" cock-blocked me, I'd be pissed.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand