Wednesday, May 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Daredevil #10.1 (Just do it quick Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:22 am

Hot on the heels of #10 last week, Mark Waid and Koi Pham deliver an issue that manages to serve two masters, it’s a great introduction to Waid’s take Daredevil for new readers, and also an essential set-up for next month’s Omega Effect crossover. The actual plot of the issue is not too important, but it does a great job of demonstrating not only DD’s abilities, but also his current predicament of being targeted by ‘MegaCrime’. I loved the final scene where Daredevil gatecrashes the MegaCrime meeting and takes the fight to them, it was the perfect demonstration of how he really is the man with no fear. I can’t wait for the crossover, it’s going to be a good one. Koi Pham is an artist who runs hot and cold for me, but I really liked his art here, it seemed a bit more defined, less scratchy and more fitting with the tone that Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin have established, I suppose Javier Rodriguez on colours helps with that. This was another fantastic issue of Daredevil, and if you haven’t been reading it, now’s your chance to jump on. And seriously, take that chance, this is one of the best superhero titles around.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Punchy wrote:Hot on the heels of #10 last week, Mark Waid and Koi Pham deliver an issue that manages to serve two masters, it’s a great introduction to Waid’s take Daredevil for new readers, and also an essential set-up for next month’s Omega Effect crossover. The actual plot of the issue is not too important, but it does a great job of demonstrating not only DD’s abilities, but also his current predicament of being targeted by ‘MegaCrime’. I loved the final scene where Daredevil gatecrashes the MegaCrime meeting and takes the fight to them, it was the perfect demonstration of how he really is the man with no fear. I can’t wait for the crossover, it’s going to be a good one. Koi Pham is an artist who runs hot and cold for me, but I really liked his art here, it seemed a bit more defined, less scratchy and more fitting with the tone that Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin have established, I suppose Javier Rodriguez on colours helps with that. This was another fantastic issue of Daredevil, and if you haven’t been reading it, now’s your chance to jump on. And seriously, take that chance, this is one of the best superhero titles around.


I second this review. Agreed with all of the above.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:37 pm

I third it. I may actually be buying Punisher and Spider-Man this next month.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:48 pm

This was awesome. Daredevil basically killed a guy though. :twisted:
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 pm

I agree with Punchy here, particularly on Pham. I was disappointed when I saw he was doing art on this book, but it wasn't as bad as he has the potential to be.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Starlord wrote:I third it. I may actually be buying Punisher and Spider-Man this next month.

I'm absolutely in for it. Against my hatred of the $3.99 price point.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Starlord wrote:I third it. I may actually be buying Punisher and Spider-Man this next month.

You should be reading Punisher as it is. Its pretty damn awesome. Although Punisher almost never says anything, yet that works.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Agreed. Punisher has been awesome for the first time in like 20 years.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:26 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Agreed. Punisher has been awesome for the first time in like 20 years.

Other then the MAX Punisher yes.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:27 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Other then the MAX Punisher yes.


That was a whole different animal. Actually, I'll say 12 years because Punisher was good in Marvel Knights.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crawley, Flamebird, Google [Bot], John Strange, oogy, Spacedog, uz000 and 204 guests