Advertisement

Daredevil #10.1 (Just do it quick Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Daredevil #10.1 (Just do it quick Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:22 am

Hot on the heels of #10 last week, Mark Waid and Koi Pham deliver an issue that manages to serve two masters, it’s a great introduction to Waid’s take Daredevil for new readers, and also an essential set-up for next month’s Omega Effect crossover. The actual plot of the issue is not too important, but it does a great job of demonstrating not only DD’s abilities, but also his current predicament of being targeted by ‘MegaCrime’. I loved the final scene where Daredevil gatecrashes the MegaCrime meeting and takes the fight to them, it was the perfect demonstration of how he really is the man with no fear. I can’t wait for the crossover, it’s going to be a good one. Koi Pham is an artist who runs hot and cold for me, but I really liked his art here, it seemed a bit more defined, less scratchy and more fitting with the tone that Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin have established, I suppose Javier Rodriguez on colours helps with that. This was another fantastic issue of Daredevil, and if you haven’t been reading it, now’s your chance to jump on. And seriously, take that chance, this is one of the best superhero titles around.

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 129 posts

Re: Daredevil #10.1 (Just do it quick Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Punchy wrote:Hot on the heels of #10 last week, Mark Waid and Koi Pham deliver an issue that manages to serve two masters, it’s a great introduction to Waid’s take Daredevil for new readers, and also an essential set-up for next month’s Omega Effect crossover. The actual plot of the issue is not too important, but it does a great job of demonstrating not only DD’s abilities, but also his current predicament of being targeted by ‘MegaCrime’. I loved the final scene where Daredevil gatecrashes the MegaCrime meeting and takes the fight to them, it was the perfect demonstration of how he really is the man with no fear. I can’t wait for the crossover, it’s going to be a good one. Koi Pham is an artist who runs hot and cold for me, but I really liked his art here, it seemed a bit more defined, less scratchy and more fitting with the tone that Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin have established, I suppose Javier Rodriguez on colours helps with that. This was another fantastic issue of Daredevil, and if you haven’t been reading it, now’s your chance to jump on. And seriously, take that chance, this is one of the best superhero titles around.

I second this review. Agreed with all of the above.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:37 pm

I third it. I may actually be buying Punisher and Spider-Man this next month.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:48 pm

This was awesome. Daredevil basically killed a guy though. :twisted:
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 627 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 pm

I agree with Punchy here, particularly on Pham. I was disappointed when I saw he was doing art on this book, but it wasn't as bad as he has the potential to be.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 129 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Starlord wrote:I third it. I may actually be buying Punisher and Spider-Man this next month.

I'm absolutely in for it. Against my hatred of the $3.99 price point.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Starlord wrote:I third it. I may actually be buying Punisher and Spider-Man this next month.

You should be reading Punisher as it is. Its pretty damn awesome. Although Punisher almost never says anything, yet that works.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Agreed. Punisher has been awesome for the first time in like 20 years.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:26 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Agreed. Punisher has been awesome for the first time in like 20 years.

Other then the MAX Punisher yes.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:27 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Other then the MAX Punisher yes.

That was a whole different animal. Actually, I'll say 12 years because Punisher was good in Marvel Knights.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand