Advertisement

Daredevil #7 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Daredevil #7 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:18 pm

It's always fun seeing Daredevil out of his element and the jungles of Wakanda are definitely that. I loved that the conflict was resolved by Matt Murdock using his mind instead of his fists. I loved how he stopped fighting, stood up straight and simply stated, "I'm here to lawyer them out.".

The scene in which Matt and his mother talked was touching. I was satisfied with the revelation that Matt's father wasn't an abusive husband. The Original Sin flashback in which Matt saw his father hit his mother when Matt was a baby was in fact Matt's father defending him from his mother who had temporarily gone insane due to Postpartum psychosis and was attacking Matt and his father. Seeing Matt forgive his mother was a very touching moment.

Thank you Troy for the sig

HNutz likes this post.

Advertisement

Cas
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 38 posts

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Daredevil #7 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Casanova ^_^ wrote:http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/maybe-its-just-me/201408/marvel-comics-explores-postpartum-depression-in-daredevil

Cool review. :)

When I read the issue, I thought the way Postpartum depression was handled in this story came across as seeming to be realistic and researched on fact. I'm glad to find out that I was correct in that thought.

Thank you Troy for the sig

HNutz likes this post.

Cas
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Cas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Yep. This run hasn't been too spectacular of late, IMO (this comic has been more like Spider-Man-lite than Daredevil - as it was before Miller revived and give it's own identity, an identity currently sorely missing - but I digress), but this was a very well executed explanation for the heretofore unknown reason for why she left. It does make sense and gives her a sense of empathy I don't think she had before. Daredevil may not be being done right at the moment, but, as is said, credit where it's due, for sure.

HNutz likes this post.

MikeinLA
Flying Mongoose

Liked in: 65 posts

Postby MikeinLA » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 pm

The Wakanda stuff made no sense. Why would this remote, super secretive country come to America of all places to try and keep people from finding out they're making weapons they're not supposed to? Why bring the nuns to Wakanda if they didn't want anyone to know what they were doing? It makes even less sense when it becomes clear they expected Daredevil to come snooping around. Is abducting an Avenger's mother really the best way to keep your illegal research operation on the down low?

Cas
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Cas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:08 pm

It certainly doesn't seem to. For all it's follies, though, even I must say this run does have it's occasional triumphs with this issues praised address of Maggies abandonment one of the biggest.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 356 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:56 pm

One of the best titles in print (or digital) today!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:25 pm

It's a shame so many of these original sin tie ins are really much ado about nothing. This one included. These last two issues have been incredibly weak of an otherwise great run.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Cas
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Cas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 pm

You didn't think anything of this issues revelation?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand