Advertisement

Dark Avengers #175 (Gators messing up my boots Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Dark Avengers #175 (Gators messing up my boots Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Pay no attention to the name change, this is still the same Thunderbolts title Jeff Parker was writing before, just with a name that should hopefully increase sales and ward off cancellation. Oh yeah, and also because the new Dark Avengers from recent issues of New Avengers have joined the title, and on the basis of this opening issue, they make fine additions. I particularly liked Dark Spider-Man and Ragnarok, they were a lot of fun, it’s just a shame Gorgon isn’t still around, but then he’s probably too irredeemably evil to work. It’s also cool because the original Dark Avengers were ex-Thunderbolts, and now it’s the other way around, the two names are eternally linked. It was good that this issue brought the focus back onto the Thunderbolts’ supposed leader, Luke Cage, who had kind of been forgotten in amongst all of the time-travel. He was on the verge of quitting the program until the FACT advisory committee put the Dark Avengers on the team, so I’m looking forward to him trying to reign in these nutcases. It’s also interesting that there seems to be something fishy about FACT, I’m sure that’s going to lead somewhere interesting. Declan Shalvey’s art was very strong once again, he’s come on leaps and bounds and now he’s drawing an Avengers title! How awesome is that? Oh, and as I’ve said before, I love it when writers build their own little corners in collective universes by linking their titles, and this issue featured a great example, with the country of Sharzhad from Parker’s Hulk run making an appearance. Herald the dawn of the Parker-Verse!

Advertisement

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 6 posts

Re: Dark Avengers #175 (Gators messing up my boots Spoilers)

Postby HNutz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:43 am

If folks were worried about this being a "whole new book" that doesn't respect what came before... forget about it! This picks up from the most recent issues and is directly set up by the last few arcs.

I liked the book and am looking forward to exploring the new status quo... but it was a fast read.

I'm missing out a little because I missed their New Avengers arc but I didn't feel TOO lost.

Definitely continuing to read this!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand