Advertisement

Dark Avengers #179 (Why help uglies Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Dark Avengers #179 (Why help uglies Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 am

Whilst I’ve been enjoying the two-timeline structure this series has been using for the last few issues, the adventures of the Thunderbolts and the Dark Avengers have felt a little bit disconnected. Not so anymore, as Parker reveals that the Judge Dreddesque dystopian future the Tbolts are in came about because of something the Dark Avengers get involved with in Sharzhad. This is very clever writing, as in one fell swoop, everything is now connected, and we’re given a reason to still be following the Thunderbolts even after the name change. One aspect I felt this issue did suffer a bit in was the art, as Declan Shalvey is replaced by Gabriel Hernandez Walta in the Dark Avengers segments. Walta is not a bad artist, but his style is a bit too similar to Walker’s which means the contrast between the two eras is not as stark and interesting. But I’m sure I’ll get used to it. I continue to be impressed by how well Jeff Parker is developing his huge cast, and how each character has had a nice little moment, I was particularly interested in what’s going on with Ragnarok here, he was hallucinating, which is worrying, an evil clone of Thor is one thing, but an evil insane clone of Thor is even worse! Also interesting was seeing Skaar’s human form, I’d almost forgotten he had one! Oops.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand