Advertisement

JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9181
Likes: 10 posts
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby Zero » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Pretty good start to the crossover and the Gotham setting allows for a few more Bat family cameos. Including... Steph as Batgirl?!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34495
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 279 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:32 pm

I enjoyed both issues.

The last page of Justice League Dark has me feeling really sorry for the current Madame Xanadu. She seems to want to do the right thing, but always seems to go about it in the worst way possible.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 10494
Likes: 279 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Zero wrote:Pretty good start to the crossover and the Gotham setting allows for a few more Bat family cameos. Including... Steph as Batgirl?!


In the current time ?
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 19337
Likes: 10 posts
Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Sorry theres no way that was steph. It was clearly a red head. Thats the problem with the art in these 2 books (mostly I Vampire) its very hard to figure out whats going on.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43576
Likes: 69 posts
Liked in: 114 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby Zechs » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Zero wrote:Pretty good start to the crossover and the Gotham setting allows for a few more Bat family cameos. Including... Steph as Batgirl?!


Coloring error again more than likely. The colorists have been "accidentally" making Babs blonde thus making everyone think it's Steph in the role not Babs. If so that's the fourth time DC has fucked this up, but only the second time they caught this mistake before it went to press. :lol:
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 19337
Likes: 10 posts
Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Zechs wrote:
Coloring error again more than likely. The colorists have been "accidentally" making Babs blonde thus making everyone think it's Steph in the role not Babs. If so that's the fourth time DC has fucked this up, but only the second time they caught this mistake before it went to press. :lol:

Its clearly babs though. Its just bad art. She's clearly wearing the same costume that she's wearing in Batgirl and Birds of Prey.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 19337
Likes: 10 posts
Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:02 am

Yep it wasnt Steph.
Stephanie Brown was the subject du jour for many fans at the panel, with one fan asking how they were going to deal with the transition of taking the Batgirl mantle and handing it back to Barbara Gordon. Burnham joked, “I’m curious about that too!”

To this, Martz said, “Stephanie is extremely important to us as well. We love her as a character and hopefully sometime in the future we can find a way to work her into the new 52.” That being said, he added that “we won’t be seeing her anytime soon.”

- Emerald City Con 2012
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=37905
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34360
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:53 am

I guess I’m an ‘extremely terrible person’, because I’m reading this without also reading Justice League Dark. I’m only really getting half of the story here so there’s problems, but what I am getting is solid stuff. It did seem like the JLD just came in out nowhere, but it was cool seeing the likes of Shade, The Changing Man and Zatanna. But they didn’t really do much here for all of editorial’s insistence that I read their title. The real meat here was Mary, Queen Of Blood’s unexpected turn towards good, although it’s more complex than that, she’s trying to kill Cain because he’s messing up her plans to take over the world. I also really liked the scenes with Andrew in the void, was he talking to Madame Xanadu there? Or was it God or something? Andrea Sorrentino’s art was absolutely brilliant in this, in particular the two-page spread which told the origin of Cain, it was like a medieval woodcut or something, brilliant. It’s interesting that Cain’s origins involved the Demon Knights, could that confrontation be a storyline we’ll see in that series?

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34495
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 279 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Punchy wrote:I guess I’m an ‘extremely terrible person’, because I’m reading this without also reading Justice League Dark. I’m only really getting half of the story here so there’s problems, but what I am getting is solid stuff. It did seem like the JLD just came in out nowhere, but it was cool seeing the likes of Shade, The Changing Man and Zatanna. But they didn’t really do much here for all of editorial’s insistence that I read their title. The real meat here was Mary, Queen Of Blood’s unexpected turn towards good, although it’s more complex than that, she’s trying to kill Cain because he’s messing up her plans to take over the world. I also really liked the scenes with Andrew in the void, was he talking to Madame Xanadu there? Or was it God or something? Andrea Sorrentino’s art was absolutely brilliant in this, in particular the two-page spread which told the origin of Cain, it was like a medieval woodcut or something, brilliant. It’s interesting that Cain’s origins involved the Demon Knights, could that confrontation be a storyline we’ll see in that series?


I don't think he was, the place that Madame Xanadu went to in Justice League Dark was a very different place that where Andrew Bennet is.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 122 guests

Advertisement