Advertisement

JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby Zero » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Pretty good start to the crossover and the Gotham setting allows for a few more Bat family cameos. Including... Steph as Batgirl?!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 279 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: JL Dark\I, Vampire #7

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:32 pm

I enjoyed both issues.

The last page of Justice League Dark has me feeling really sorry for the current Madame Xanadu. She seems to want to do the right thing, but always seems to go about it in the worst way possible.

Thank you Troy for the sig

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Zero wrote:Pretty good start to the crossover and the Gotham setting allows for a few more Bat family cameos. Including... Steph as Batgirl?!

In the current time ?
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 122 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Sorry theres no way that was steph. It was clearly a red head. Thats the problem with the art in these 2 books (mostly I Vampire) its very hard to figure out whats going on.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 114 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Zero wrote:Pretty good start to the crossover and the Gotham setting allows for a few more Bat family cameos. Including... Steph as Batgirl?!

Coloring error again more than likely. The colorists have been "accidentally" making Babs blonde thus making everyone think it's Steph in the role not Babs. If so that's the fourth time DC has fucked this up, but only the second time they caught this mistake before it went to press. :lol:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Zechs wrote:
Coloring error again more than likely. The colorists have been "accidentally" making Babs blonde thus making everyone think it's Steph in the role not Babs. If so that's the fourth time DC has fucked this up, but only the second time they caught this mistake before it went to press. :lol:

Its clearly babs though. Its just bad art. She's clearly wearing the same costume that she's wearing in Batgirl and Birds of Prey.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:02 am

Yep it wasnt Steph.
Stephanie Brown was the subject du jour for many fans at the panel, with one fan asking how they were going to deal with the transition of taking the Batgirl mantle and handing it back to Barbara Gordon. Burnham joked, “I’m curious about that too!”

To this, Martz said, “Stephanie is extremely important to us as well. We love her as a character and hopefully sometime in the future we can find a way to work her into the new 52.” That being said, he added that “we won’t be seeing her anytime soon.”

- Emerald City Con 2012
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=37905

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:53 am

I guess I’m an ‘extremely terrible person’, because I’m reading this without also reading Justice League Dark. I’m only really getting half of the story here so there’s problems, but what I am getting is solid stuff. It did seem like the JLD just came in out nowhere, but it was cool seeing the likes of Shade, The Changing Man and Zatanna. But they didn’t really do much here for all of editorial’s insistence that I read their title. The real meat here was Mary, Queen Of Blood’s unexpected turn towards good, although it’s more complex than that, she’s trying to kill Cain because he’s messing up her plans to take over the world. I also really liked the scenes with Andrew in the void, was he talking to Madame Xanadu there? Or was it God or something? Andrea Sorrentino’s art was absolutely brilliant in this, in particular the two-page spread which told the origin of Cain, it was like a medieval woodcut or something, brilliant. It’s interesting that Cain’s origins involved the Demon Knights, could that confrontation be a storyline we’ll see in that series?

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 279 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Punchy wrote:I guess I’m an ‘extremely terrible person’, because I’m reading this without also reading Justice League Dark. I’m only really getting half of the story here so there’s problems, but what I am getting is solid stuff. It did seem like the JLD just came in out nowhere, but it was cool seeing the likes of Shade, The Changing Man and Zatanna. But they didn’t really do much here for all of editorial’s insistence that I read their title. The real meat here was Mary, Queen Of Blood’s unexpected turn towards good, although it’s more complex than that, she’s trying to kill Cain because he’s messing up her plans to take over the world. I also really liked the scenes with Andrew in the void, was he talking to Madame Xanadu there? Or was it God or something? Andrea Sorrentino’s art was absolutely brilliant in this, in particular the two-page spread which told the origin of Cain, it was like a medieval woodcut or something, brilliant. It’s interesting that Cain’s origins involved the Demon Knights, could that confrontation be a storyline we’ll see in that series?

I don't think he was, the place that Madame Xanadu went to in Justice League Dark was a very different place that where Andrew Bennet is.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand